South African dogs in court

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

South African dogs in court

Post by carolyn dewrance »

To day I found an article on the keeping and hunting with dogs, this is done throughout South Africa, mainly in the rural areas. And after reading the whole “Law” written by the Provincial Commissioner of KWA-Zulu Natal I came across this on the last page, I burst out laughing and my Boss asked me why, I said the newspapers would love this, and He said if I went to the newspapers He would have me arrested, for giving out State secrets, So instead of the Newspapers, I thought you might like to read it, Hopefully I never get caught for revealing State secrets.
[All articles, including the dogs, which were in the possession of the suspect must be seized in terms of Section 20 of the Criminal Procedure Act, and details thereof must be entered in the SAP13. The dogs however do not need to be physically transported to the police station, but may be released on a SAP299 back to the person allegedly found in possession of the dogs, or another responsible person, and the person to whom the dogs are handed must be warned that the dogs must be made available for court proceedings upon demand,] ( I suppose they will send each dog a warrant to appear in court, I never knew dogs could read, and in what language would the warrant be written in?) In the circumstances were such that the accused person was arrested and subsequently released, then the appropriate bail condition may be requested ordering that the dogs should be produced to court in the same way as the accused reports, failing which bail may be estreated. ( Now I really don’t get this, does it mean that all the hunting dogs will have to appear before a Magistrate, to admit that they are hunting dogs, will they be paw cuffed, and dragged into the court house, or will they be chained together by the neck’s and marched prisoner style into the court house, either way they will have to stop and smell each bench they pass, and possibly lift their legs to mark their territory, What happens if there is a Bitch in season amongst the lot of males, Wow what fun she will have trying to get away from them and they will all be hounding down the Court isle after her, Poor Magistrate I can just hear him banging his mallet on the desk if front of him barking ‘ORDER IN COURT” and the hounds, barking back at him in a frenzy in their own way saying “we want out of here” Then the Owners of the dogs having to unravel their animals from around the court officials legs, and trying to grab the bitch so that she does not do the naughty in their court, Oh what fun, but then that’s the mentality of our Police commissioner here in Natal. What about the dog that think his attorneys leg is a tree, and the Judge remarks “that’s out of order” Oh yes and how much Bail will the dogs have to bark up, and will it be paid in old bone’s, as dogs don’t deal in money, They can be very protective of their old bone’s.
Well if this ever goes to court, I don’t know, and if you don’t hear from me for the next 6 months then you will know I have been arrested and am enjoying free board and lodging provided by the South African Prison services.
But If you do hear from me soon then you know my Boss knows nothing about what I have written here. He is a police reservist, and thinks he knows everything, but he doesn’t really know me.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441