Trick training

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

newguy18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Trick training

Post by newguy18 »

ok so i taught Jersey all the essential commands (sit, lay down, stay) and i taught him "Leave it" and "get it" and he can give paw 99%of the time, i am working on the "door" command, where you tell him "get the door" and he shuts it. it seems to be working but it will take more than 10 min. unlike the other commands (man chows are smart huh?!?) so what other commands have been helpful or just cool to teach your chows?!?! :o
Image:Thanks Sweetpea!
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.
Lise Carreno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lise Carreno »

Well, I taught Mia to wave, which is cute when she is in the car or saying hi to people. Kids just love it.

Next, we are going to learn, "Stick 'em Up" (she puts both paws up) and "Bang", she lays down and rolls over. We are giving that a try.

When she does a trick like that in front of other people, it builds up her self esteem, because at that point we are interacting and actually understanding one another. There is nothing that builds a dogs confidence, like the feeling they have when they are responding to your communications correctly and you are praising them for it. So, I am going to find some cute amusing tricks we can work on.
Mia
newguy18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by newguy18 »

Oh i just found this site last night, it has a bunch of tricks, i haven't done any of em but they seem real easy
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prai ... exorg.html
Image:Thanks Sweetpea!
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.