Fleas??

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Fleas??

Post by wrat »

we have been very lucky to avoid fleas in the past..I wish to keep it that way..when we got Denali home she had fleas/ticks etc..she was groomed and treated with frontline and revolution..yet I cant seem to find much user experience with revolution anyone use it??
and the thing is she still sort of does that turn around real quick and scratch like she is being bit??
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

............just a thought - just keep checking her tail - I notice by the picture that she still has tail fur - there might be the odd stray flea there! :roll:
Probably not, but it is worth checking................... :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I use Revolution on my two. Just make sure it's the right dosage for your chow and don't go over. I actually don't use it every month. I use it on them when I know we're going on a special outing where the grounds are used by other dogs or when they are about to go to the groomers. I write the date on the box so I don't forget I admistered it to them. Another chow owner, Zena the piglet warrior's dad, mentioned that tests showed some fatalaties to cats (I think). But PB & Z's vet said that was an anomoly. I like it because it doesn't smell and keeps pesky critters off of them.

Pooh Bear does that quick turnaround motion you described. She's my rescue. I notice that it's more of an itch from dry skin. But that's my girl. Do you have ants? The winter ants have been marching along where I live. Perhaps an ant has gotten lost in the maze of all the fur.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Koda had fleas when we got him. I gave him a couple of weeks to get used to us and his new surroundings, then gave him a bath (his first and he hated it... LOL) and then 2 days later used Frontline I had picked up when he went to the vet. It seems to have done the trick. I use Frontline on all of the other animals and they do well with it also. I have never heard of any deaths (feline or canine) from it. Frontline works with the oils in the skin and coat, which is why I had to wait 2 days before using it after he had been given a bath.
Nancy and Tai

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

When we first got Shiloh she was covered in fleas and ticks. My husband pulled off the ticks that he found. Totally gross!!! :roll: Anyway, since then we have used Frontline Plus. We only use it when necessary - not monthly.
Since I do brush them regularly I can spot if a flea problem is beginning to happen. Ticks aren't a problem but I still use Frontline Plus to make sure.
Karen