TINKER - Our lives are now empty

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

TINKER - Our lives are now empty

Post by vtxandy »

Tinker,
Papa wrote you a letter. I loved you from the second I first saw you until the moment you took your last breath in our arms. For 15 years and 7 days you showed us what heaven will be like.

Dearest and most Precious Tinker,

Your Momma and Papa want to thank you for being the bestest dog and most loyal friend ever. Our home will forever have a huge missing part without you. We understand that the Lord called you to live in His home. We want you to know how much we think of you and how much we love you. Your devotion and protection of our home and family, the unending happiness and complete joy you bring to us. You are absolutely the best. We could not ask God Himself for a more perfect friend and family member than you! We both adore you so very, very, very much. Words will never explain how much you mean to us. As you go ahead of us, to play and romp with God, we ask that you remember all the thousands of hours we got to spend together, the thousands of walks we went on, the camping and boating trips, all the rides we got to enjoy together, our walks in the park, our rides on the train, the time we went innertubbing, our walks in Monterey and Santa Cruz, our trip to the snow, our trips to Candlestick, all the BBQ’s and parties we went to. There are just so very many! And those only added to all the close personal times we had together as a family. Taking care of each other, just spending time with our trifecta.
We love you Tinker, our most perfect Schno-Schno! You will FOREVER be treasured in our hearts and memories. We long for the day when God will reunite us. Momma and Papa love you Tinker, oh so very much. So much we feel it in our soul and forever will.
God, we miss Tinker so much.
Dear God,

Not to put you second by any means.
Thank you God for answering our prayers. You did not allow your angel Tinker to suffer or be in pain. You also gave him the dignity of a quiet passing beside his most loved family. You also gave us so much extra time with him. You also made it so that Tinker made so many people happy. When others just looked at him, they saw, if just for that moment, Your Glory. They forgot their troubles just because you made this angel so cute and so sweet.
God, you called him home and you know that I have asked,… that as Christ sits at your right hand, Tinkers place should be on your left. You truly made a miracle. God, we both thank you so very, very much for Tinker. So many people will feel the void now that he is with you. Please, Dear Lord, be with Michelle in her hour of suffering. Fill her with Your Glory and Holy Spirit so that she may smile often with memories of our precious boy. Please God, be with my wife, another one of Your angels. Hold her up in the palm of Your mighty hand. Be with us Dear God in our time of great grief. You made Tinker so very special that the loss of him leaves a big hole in our lives. Fill that hole God, with our love and praise of you.
In Christ’s name we pray. In the name of Your Holy Son, do we come before you, to ask that you accept your angel Tinker, unto Your Kingdom, let him know how much we love and miss him. That in your time we will be reunited with him again. Amen
Jesus, we beg for your help, the hole is so large. GOD HELP US IT HURTS
Your Children,
Andy and Michelle Del Rey
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

for Andy

Post by zingara_princepessa »

Is there a picture of you & your Tinker on the Chow Chow of the Sierras website? You're holding your sweet baby's back legs up in a sling?
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vtxandy »

Yes, That's our little boy. He went EVERYWHERE with me or my wife. That picture is is after we got done transporting 3 chows that were rescued from the LA area. We brought them up to chowchowrescue of the sierras to find forever homes.
The sling is a "bottomsupleash.com" product. At 8 years old Tinker was dianosed with very bad hip problems and at 13 years old came down with a neuological disorder that made his hind legs very wobbly. The leash, a wheelchair and a custom made wagon allowed us to keep him very mobile. Tinker also went on at least 5+ walks a day to keep his strength up.
God, we miss him so! It's actually like part of our lives is missing.
Andy
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

He was a handsome man, Andy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's so good of you to help L.A. chow chows escape to NorCal. You're a chow chow angel to do that!
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss

David
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Hi Andy
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was BEAUTIFUL.
We, too, lost our 15 year-old on February 1st. We still can't talk about him without crying. Whenever we're sad, we tell Teddy stories. What joy they brought to our lives. We just got another puppy last week. Having him has made us smile again. Our neighbor, who loved Teddy, told our puppy that he had some big paws to fill! You take care!
Jackie