Farewell to King Koda

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Farewell to King Koda

Post by ngraham »

My Sweetest King Koda,
it's been 3 weeks today that you crossed the bridge and I think it's finally time to say goodbye. I had a dream about you this morning and you wouldn't come to me when I called you. As I think about it I realize that you're telling me it's time to let go and continue to go on. You're not coming back. In this life you would have come to me, but now you can't. I miss you so. But I know that you're running free and chasing squirrels with your big sister Sasha. You're free to rule your kingdom as you please. You were my best friend, my companion and my beloved boy. You excelled beyond belief. You made my life happy and full and you taught me to love again. We never know how long we have when we choose to love, and through your death, you've taught me never to take anything for granted. You will always be in my heart and in my thoughts. You will always be sadly missed... by me, your sister Amber, Matt and baby sister, Miss Molly. Thank you for allowing us to be your subjects for the short time we could. Thank you for telling me it's ok to go on, which is what I now believe you tried to show me this morning in the dream.
I found this picture on the camera memory card a few days ago. I had forgotten your sister had taken this picture of us right before we moved into the apartment. I had come home from work with a headache and decided to lie down. I had fallen asleep and after awhile you decided it was time to get up. And in your usual, sweet way, you jumped up on the bed and said "Time to get up Mom". Amber caught this picture. I am so grateful for it.
Farewell King Koda... I love and miss you so.
Mommy
Nancy and Tai

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Nancy,

You will always have the sweet memories of Koda to treasure.
The love we have for our chowkids is one that can not be explained to anyone who has never been loved by a chow.
I pray Koda has met my 3 chows, Foxy, Sheba, and Studley who have all crossed over rainbow bridge. I'm sure they are all having a wonderful new life of squirrel chasing.
I hope you are doing a little better these days.
PM me, if you need to talk about it.

Sherill (Colonel's mom)
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!