so how about those mud puppies?

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

so how about those mud puppies?

Post by threedogjeep »

And how do you clean up YOUR little prince/princess from a romp in the goo?
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

We can do a study and see how long it take for someone to respond to us before posting it in the general section.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I make them walk through the water puddles, that washes the mud off their feet, and then I just dry them. I don't allow zoomies or wrestling during the spring because of the mud...but if they do manage to get muddy, I wipe most of it off with a towel, wait until the rest dries and then brush the rest off. Works great, even on my little guy with all his cream colored parts.

Okay and I'm reading the entire site tonight Jeff....sheesh miss a week of going through all of it and....
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

When Jazz was tiny and we'd go to the lake she would be a mudpuppy. I'd dunk her in the lake then wrap her in a towel.

I don't get out much with her since getting sick but perhaps this summer will be see us on more adventures. Now, when coming in from outside, I hold a towel in front of me, have her shake off before coming in, then wrap the towel around her and wrastle her to the ground where I wipe her off. I usually get most of it off her with minimum fall out when she dries.
~ Sally
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I just wait for Butters to dry then sweep up the dry dirt. He just falls right off of him when he dries. So I just try and coral him until then.