TA TA TA DAAAAA....Finally

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

TA TA TA DAAAAA....Finally

Post by threedogjeep »

My favorite, closest pet store PetValu I think it is....I walked in today to get my littlest feller some wee bites (Royal Canin) and what did I see prominently added to the display but sold gold wee bites!! I'm on it. Don't know what I red about SG Wee bites but I think it was good and 'Zilla seems to have a lot of poop on Canin, and some loose.
'
But that WASN"T ALL :shock: There it was, rigiht before me in a wonderfully colorful and shiny bag....it was what I had been wishing for.....(drum roll, rim shot).....Barking at the Moon...yes folks, it has finally found us out here in hickesville, pa. yoohooo

Look Kiwani.....I found it at last. Grain free for my poor little girls. I SOOOO hope it helps. Should I rotate it with other grain free kibble or does it matter? And canned is okay too, right????

I started the gradual switch tomight,. No complaints. Caty my 14yo needs it and my Leela as well.

3GB,, Do you feed grain free for HD or arthritis? Anbody else there have the experience. I can't wait to (hopefully) see some changes!

I had just switched to Innova,....now here we go again!!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "Don't know what I red about SG Wee bites but I think it was good..."

The Solid Gold, "Just a Wee Bit" is the "Wolf King" bison/salmon formula I recommended for Leela last summer, but "Wee Bit" kibble is designed for 'small breeds'.

Re: "But that WASN"T ALL There it was, rigiht before me in a wonderfully colorful and shiny bag....it was what I had been wishing for...Barking at the Moon...Look Kiwani.....I found it at last. Grain free for my poor little girls."

I'm happy for you. : )

I think the recommendation for "Barking at the Moon" came from the other forum. I haven't recommended it here, because it's designed for performance and working dogs. It has about 40% protein and 20% fat.
The "Wolf King" has about 22% protein and 9% fat. If she isn't very active, be careful about adding more calories to her diet.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Woohoo! =D= We get our Solid Gold from PetValu too, is that a coincidence because many people name their store that or is this a chain? We get our canned Solid Gold there too. They just started carrying the canned food not too long ago.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

OH DEAR. i thought "grain free." Didn't think calories. I think they do carry the wolf king as well. I'll check it out!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I have Pooh Bear on "Barking at the Moon". "Barking at the Moon" for meal one and "Holistique" for meal two. She needs the protein from the beef source since she had breast cancer. Plus she attends free play day from time to time and stays at a free play doggie care when I'm out of town and is very active while there. She really enjoys her meals and has not once snubbed it away. Her coat is also beautiful and plush. If you want the WolfKing, I'm sure you can ask the store to special order it for you. It might be a tad bit cheaper too.

---------------------

Product Description
------------------------------------------------------------
New! Grain Free, High Protein, Low Carbohydrate dry dog food for performance dogs.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein, min 42%
Crude Fat, min 20%
Crude Fiber, max 4%
Moisture, max 10%
465 kcal / cup

Ingredients
------------------------------------------------------------
Salmon Meal | Beef | Potatoes | Potato Protein | Canola Oil | Tomato Pomace | Natural Flavor | Salmon Oil | Choline Chloride | Taurine | Dried Chicory Root | Parsley Flakes | Pumpkin Meal | Almond Oil | Sesame Oil | Yucca Schidigera Extract | Thyme | Blueberries | Cranberries | Carrots | Broccoli | Vitamin E Supplement | Iron Proteinate | Zinc Proteinate | Copper Proteinate | Ferrous Sulfate | Zinc Sulfate | Copper Sulfate | Potassium Iodide | Thiamine Mononitrate | Manganese Proteinate | Manganous Oxide | Ascorbic Acid | Vitamin A Supplement | Biotin | Calcium Panthothenate | Manganese Sulfate | Sodium Selenite | Pyridoxine Hydrochloride | Vitamin B12 Supplement | Riboflavin | Vitamin D Supplement | Folic Acid |
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Well Leela's hip dysplasia obviously means she is not a performance dog, and she does not need to put extra weight on with this condition either. So....let me check tomorrow. Like I said I just knew grains could be inflammatory.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

LEO is currently on SG Wolf King kibbles + various canned. 3/4 Cup in the morning, 1 Cup at night. 1/5 a can added to each serving. I changed from Innova kibbles about 3m/s ago. I thought the Salmon component in Wolf King might do her better than Chicken & Turkey, as she has problem elbows. Noticable difference? Not much, maybe her pooh is not as compact as when she was on Innova. Maybe, just maybe, she is not chewing on her paws & back as much.... But I'd have to go back to Innova to confirm, which I am not looking to do at the moment. I might try out Organix or Karma next, haven't decided. The canned bit, I am trying out what she likes and rotating on can to can basis. SG, Wellness,Newman's Own, Innova + Evo, so many to choose from.....