Birthday: Chewies first Birthday!

Share and keep track of special events, birthdays and anniversaries for your Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Birthday: Chewies first Birthday!

Post by Mandy »

Hi All-

I wasn't able to get these posted until today but I thought I'd share his first birthday with you all. That morning he was totally crashed out when I came downstairs - he took one look at me and fell back asleep. I had to take him out so I got him up and took him outside where he took one look at the cold wet grass and decided it was a good place to nap instead of what we were out there for. So he rolled around and got all wet and then looked at me like "what's the problem?" We went back in and he got his favorite treat -cheese- and he was amazed because he didn't even have to work for it! Later that evening we had obedience class and he wore his party hat. What a star. He did impress the class with his come command that night. They piled toys, treats, hotdogs, moving toys etc all in the path of the run (or slow walk in Chewies case) for the come command and Chewie was the only dog that skipped all the stuff and came straight to me (I think he just knew I had a bag of cheese in my pocket!) That night he was a puppy after my own heart... he licked all the icing off the cupcake and then rolled the cake around for a while before he figured out it was something to eat! I can't believe he is already a year old! What a sweet and wonderful boy. We are so lucky to have him in our family!

Hugs All

Mandy & Chewie

arnis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arnis »

Happy Birthday Chewie!! and many more...... 8)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Happy Birthday Chewie! :)

Lovely pictures Mandy - especially the party hat! :D

Glad he had a lovely day and showed what a good Chow Chow he is. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Taz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Birthday: Chewies first Birthday!

Post by Taz »

Happy Birthday Chewie.. :D
That picture is priceless, I loved it.. :D :D
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Thanks! it's my favorite too! He's such a character.

Mandy
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Thanks! it's my favorite too! He's such a character.

Mandy
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi Mandy and Chewie
Happy Belated Birthday. I forget to look at this section of the forum and miss SO much!! Chewie's a doll-face!! Is his name Chewie short for Chewbacca (sp?) of Star Wars? I fell in love with a shelter chow named Churchill a few months back (he's rescued and rehomed now) who looked JUST LIKE a 'CHEWBACCA" (big, red, long flowy, floppy hair) that's why I ask.
Thanks for sharing the photos!
Take care,
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Yes his AKC registered name is
Woodland Wookie Texas Ranger
And his full call name is Chewbacca. Not enough people make the connection and just think it's because he chews on things.

I am a huge star wars fan and have planned on my first Chow name from the first time I saw one.

Glad you knew where it came from!

Mandy
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Yes his AKC registered name is
Woodland Wookie Texas Ranger
And his full call name is Chewbacca. Not enough people make the connection and just think it's because he chews on things.

I am a huge star wars fan and have planned on my first Chow name from the first time I saw one.

Glad you knew where it came from!

Mandy
Debbie
Rank 1
Rank 1

chewbacca

Post by Debbie »

My husband and 2 sons are huge fans too so I knew where you got Chewbacca from...I alway thought that chows look like those small Ewoks from Return of the Jedi! May the force be with you Chewbacca - ha. :wink:
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Happy belated Birthday Chewie! Thanks so much for sharing the pic's of the special event! What a gentleman he didn't wolf down his birthday cake all at once he enjoyed it :)

Star wars fan here too,and chewie fits him great!