What do you think of UABR??

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

What do you think of UABR??

Post by Guest »

I am curious to know what people think of the United All Breed Registry??
Taz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Taz »

Can you tell me more about it? :oops:
arnis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arnis »

never heard of them? must be the NEW registry for the cross breeding types.. like the goodle. (golden retriever + poodle) I read these dogs are getting famous and AKC wont register... i may be wrong though.
chowpuppies
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: What do you think of UABR??

Post by chowpuppies »

ChowLover wrote:I am curious to know what people think of the United All Breed Registry??
the one dog i have the it dogs are akc but registried under uabr
you can check by looking the sires and dams #
i have used it a couple times sames to ok
if you have more questions let me know[/quote]
WorknChowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WorknChowz »

UABR and CKC (Continental Kennel Club) are just orgs that will register ANYTHING. BYB's use these orgs all the time so they can sell their pups to uneducated folks as "Papered". :roll:
You will NOT find a respectable, COE breeder that uses such orgs solely to register breeding stock and their litters.

If you happen to own a dog that is not registered with UKC, CKC (CANADIAN KC) or AKC and you want to be able to compete in performance events, you can apply for Limited registration.
UABR claims to hold "events" but there are none listed on their site. Look at AKC or UKC and there are several events all over the country almost every week.

Other than the right to participate in a club's events, "papers" after the fact really don't matter.
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...
chowpuppies
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowpuppies »

WorknChowz wrote:UABR and CKC (Continental Kennel Club) are just orgs that will register ANYTHING. BYB's use these orgs all the time so they can sell their pups to uneducated folks as "Papered". :roll:
You will NOT find a respectable, COE breeder that uses such orgs solely to register breeding stock and their litters.

If you happen to own a dog that is not registered with UKC, CKC (CANADIAN KC) or AKC and you want to be able to compete in performance events, you can apply for Limited registration.
UABR claims to hold "events" but there are none listed on their site. Look at AKC or UKC and there are several events all over the country almost every week.

Other than the right to participate in a club's events, "papers" after the fact really don't matter.

Some pepople are going to other registration because of the paws andwhat akc is doing
i do one UABR dog but she getting spayed because of other reasons
if you are breed pets then you are getting fixed then ok'
also some times akc dog are not the best and just because they have akc paper you still need to check the back grounds to to the dogs :?
WorknChowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WorknChowz »

chowpuppies wrote: Some pepople are going to other registration because of the paws andwhat akc is doing
i do one UABR dog but she getting spayed because of other reasons
if you are breed pets then you are getting fixed then ok'
also some times akc dog are not the best and just because they have akc paper you still need to check the back grounds to to the dogs :?
If someone wants to boycott AKC for whatever reason, UKC would be the prefered agency. Most purebred dogs in the US will be registered with AKC, and/or UKC and you can register them anywhere else quite easily. It is the dog of completely unknown parentage that someone registers with CKC or UARB that I find VERY objectionable. How can you, in good conscience, breed a dog with unknown genetic past? It could be a carrier of any number of inheritable diseases.

chowpuppies, you are absolutely correct. A registration with any organization is just a piece of paper stating that a dog has supposedly come from registered parentage. This is not even always the case.
If I wanted to, I could have one of my dogs registered as a Chihuahua with any of the registration kennel clubs. :shock: All it takes is the right numbers and names... :roll:
Some of the very worst representations of "purebred" dogs I have ever layed eyes on are registered. It is the breeder, the pedigrees, health and genetic clearances on the stock used for breeding, that the buyer should be concerned with.
A pedigree in itself is meaningless too...Just a list of names, really, UNLESS you know what to look for and how to check for authenticity.
"Papers" from any org are NEVER like a GoodHousekeeping Seal of Approval or guarantee of even a hint of quality. My dream is the day that this becomes common knowledge.

BTW, PAWS is really nothing to fear like everyone thinks it is...I have a USDA license and it's not a big deal at all.
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...