Chow/Golden Mix

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

hhurt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow/Golden Mix

Post by hhurt »

Hands down, the best dog I've had in 40 years of loving dogs is a Chow/Golden Retriever mix. He came from a litter in which the mother (part Chow by appearance) was feral. The father was a Golden. I grabbed one of the pups because one of my children pressured me. My pup grew into the smartest, most affectionate, most energetic dog we've ever had.

Have others had such experiences with this mix? I'd like to find another one.

hhurt :)
mochanike
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mochanike »

I have to agree with you. I have a chow/golden retriever mix and he is definately something. His name is Nike. He is the most mellowest dog I have ever had. I also have a chow/shepherd mix and they have totally two different personalities. My chow/shepherd mix is a female and she is Miss Drama Queen. I will post a picture of Nike so you can see what he looks like.

http://mochanike.tripod.com/my_babies

Post by Guest »

I have a golden/Chow mix too! His name is Koda and he was a rescue from the shelter..........He is in Advanced Novice training and is on his way to becoming a therapy dog as well as going into Obedience trials....here he is........

mochanike
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mochanike »

He is absolutely beautiful and very photogenic. Kinda looks like my Nike accept Nike's face is a little darker.

Post by Guest »

lol, Koda loves the camera. He thinks he is "all that"! lol He just started his training a couple weeks ago and he prances around the ring like he has got all the "doggy Mojo!" lol

Your dog is very handsome too!