Eukanuba or not?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

shisha
Rank 0
Rank 0

Eukanuba or not?

Post by shisha »

Hi!Im from the philippines ive read here that most of you feed nutro lamb and rice 4 ur chows..it is unfortunate that in our counrty i cant find any nutro brand available...so my 4-month old chowling eat eukanuba lamb and rice but im not really sure if this is really a good brand..the other brands available in our market our lamb pro,pedigree, friskies, beef pro,pedigree, alpo etc.....what among these brands do you reccommend?
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I'd day if you can't find either Nutro or Solid Gold (which is what we feed), then Eukanuba is the best our of what you've mentioned. Good luck!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Kamusta!

Eukanuba is fine. My boy, Zhuyo, was on Eukanuba since he was a pup till the age of 9-10. Just make sure not to over feed, use a measure cup. Also, your chow should be on their puppy mix still. There are healthier kibbles for dogs available through the internet, with Nutro *not* being in my preferred list. Three of our chows reacted to the formula. If Eukanuba is the best that is convenient to you, my experience with the brand says it should be fine. However, you will have to pay special attention to hot spots (skin problems). Chows are prone to them and much of them develop due to the food they eat (both dog blends, treats and people food).
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Where do you live in the Phillapines?
Have a Chowfastic Day!!