Microchip

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Microchip

Post by kingalls »

Tonight I watched the evening news regarding all the animals that need to be fostered or adopted as a result of Hurricane Katrina. Just a few days ago, Victory did a post about the abandoned chows in LA. The entire thing is heartbreaking. My point for this post is the microchip for your Chows and animals.

We live in California and that has had it's natural disasters but there are other issues that can be problems - an open gate for instance is an open invitation for our free-spirited Chows to adventure out.

Both Mr. Nahkohe and Shiloh have microchips. This was done at the time of being spayed/neutered. Some vets will run "specials' with discounted pricing to microchip your pet. Microchips are your best chance to have your pet returned. I strongly recommend having your Chows microchipped.

Karen
Shan&Kayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Shan&Kayla »

I have Kayla microchipped as well. People should also check with their local animal shelter. I know our local one will do microchips for VERY low prices.
-Shann
WorknChowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WorknChowz »

Another pro-chip person here.

I rescued a kitten 12 years ago...fostered, spayed, chipped and finally adopted.
I called to check on her as I do all the dogs I have rescued over the years and her owner was in tears because she had somehow gotten out and she had not been found.
Four years later, I get a call from a local Animal Control Agency saying they found my cat! :shock: It was Percy alright!
Without that chip, she'd never have been reunited with her owner and was slated for euthanasia that very day!

YAY MICROCHIPS! :D
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...