Jimbo421 Chow Ling Passes Away

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

jimbo421

Jimbo421 Chow Ling Passes Away

Post by jimbo421 »

It is with deep sadness that I am typing this post that my beautiful short haired big red chow Ling the love of my life had to be euthanised due to his terminal cancer.

Had eaten the majority of his mouth and tongue up and the tumor was almost totally restricting his air flow and hampering his eating and drinking ability.

Not to mention causing an almost constant runny nose and spitting up and vomitting he was so miserable.

I knew what had to be done after talking to our very sympathetic vet Dr. Lock Boyce. So I took him to his office and I signed the paper to authorize him to euthanise him if needed.

and before he did him gave him a sedative so he could show me how bad his mouth cancer had gotten even after taking rimadyl for a month.

I agred he need to be euthanised and he laid a blanket on my lap as I sat in my wheelchair and i hugged and kissed him while he was dying quickly without any pain and I cried and I balled.

and I cried thinking I should have done more but Dr.Boyce assured me I had done all I could have done and he was miserable and I did the humane thing.

I know my Ling is in doggy heaven now running and playing in no pain. I cried and cried coming home from the vets office I brought his collar home with me.

I felt like my heart had been torn outta my chest but the more I cried and got it all out.

and talked with my good friend Misty who loves animals and recently had to have a dog of hers euthanised and my sister Dianna and my dad.

I realized I had always treated him with love and affection and that Ling loved me very much too. The last month of his life living in the house with us even with his terminal sickness was some of the happiest days of my life.

That morning I took him outside and showed him more affection as I curred and brushed his hair he loved that.Ling lived 10 ppl yrs 70 dog yrs but he gave me enjoyment of a lifetime.Ling was a great chow and his daddy Jimmys best friend and he will be sorely missed Rest In Peace Ling I will never forget you or stop loving you
arnis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arnis »

:(
I am crying with you Jim, my oldest is 14 and had his first siezure last week.
i know i dont have much time left so i have been trying to prepare myself , But i know its never enough to prepare. My friends laugh because i never cry at peoples funerals (even my grandparents) but i cry for my dog who hasn't even passed on yet... only if they knew.
god bless and may you have a quick recovery...
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I am so sorry Jim and I know what you are going through, I have done it. :(

But always remember, what you did was to show him the final act of love and that took great courage. You ended his pain and he is now in the Happy Hunting Grounds where every day is spring and there is no more pain. :)

Just believe he will be there waiting for you when your time comes. You will always remember him and you must cry, then you will remember something lovely about him and you will smile and then you will cry some more and so it will go on until one day, you will realise you are only smiling when you think about him. :)

But let the crying out and then the smiles can go in.

I have said this several times on this site, the old Hebrew Proverb and it goes like this:-

"Say not in grief he is no more but in thankfulness he was."

So, as you said already, Rest in Peace little Ling, and Jim, we will all be thinking of you.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Jim;

I am so sorry for your loss of Ling. He is waiting at the Bridge, whole again, laying under a shade tree.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jimbo42 »

Judy Fox wrote:I am so sorry Jim and I know what you are going through, I have done it. :(

But always remember, what you did was to show him the final act of love and that took great courage. You ended his pain and he is now in the Happy Hunting Grounds where every day is spring and there is no more pain. :)

Just believe he will be there waiting for you when your time comes. You will always remember him and you must cry, then you will remember something lovely about him and you will smile and then you will cry some more and so it will go on until one day, you will realise you are only smiling when you think about him. :)

But let the crying out and then the smiles can go in.

I have said this several times on this site, the old Hebrew Proverb and it goes like this:-

"Say not in grief he is no more but in thankfulness he was."

So, as you said already, Rest in Peace little Ling, and Jim, we will all be thinking of you.
Judy that is the sweetest thing anyone has said to me your such a sweet lady.Those words about ling were so very kind I wish I was in the UK to give you a big hug of thanks. You have really helped me realize that I did the right thing relieving his pain showing him how much I loved him Im crying some as I type this.

He's running and jumping and playing and happy as can be and will be waiting for me under a shade tree where I will meet him one day and I wont be in my wheelchair and will be able to run and play with him forever.
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

So Sorry Jim

Post by carolyn dewrance »

I am so sorry Jim, I know what you are going throught but God new best and I only wish that I had been born a chow to know that when my time comes some kind owner would put me out of my pain as well, I am thinking of you, and may he rest in peace, maaaaaybe he will meet up with my Tanya, Sezer and little Charlie and they will show him the way to love and understanding.
Bless you Jim and be brave,
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Jimbo I'm so sorry for your loss! You did the right thing. There will be no more pain for Ling. Ling got to pass through heaven's gate knowing you both had a special bond, and I'm sure being with you during his final moments had made it so much easier on him. I know things are so hard right now but those 10 wonderful years will give you a lifetime of memories that can not be taken away.
This last year I had 2 special Christmas ornimates made ingraved for my lost babes Pinky and Bear. I can make sure they are with the family during our holiday season, and know that even as time marches by they will both be a forever part of my family and never be forgotten!

Hugs,

Samorra
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jimbo42 »

You all are the sweetest ppl in the world helping me deal with the loss of my little boy Ling. Tears are streaming down my face after reading each and every one of your kindest words of comfort and encouragement again and again. I love you all hey anybody who would like to email me feel free to do so at bigjim43@webtv.net Take Care
JIMBO42
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Jimbo--I'm so touched by your farewell to your Ling, but he is waiting in the sun for you along with my MingToy, LiChi and Ming, and all the other wonderful brothers and sisters of fur who have crossed the rainbow bridge before him. Each and everyone is so special and so precious and memorable. You loved him truly and are worthy of the love and trust he gave you.

Never think different.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
WorknChowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WorknChowz »

I also want to express my sympathies...Letting these sweetest of souls go when it is their time is the hardest debt to pay for all the happy times.

Someone special sent this poem to me upon Maji's passing. I hope it brings you some comfort as it brought some to me.

The Ship

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her
white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her
until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the
sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then some one at my side says: 'There, she is gone!'

'Gone where?'

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and
hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as
able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment
when some one at my side says: 'There, she is gone!' there are other
eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad
shout: 'Here she comes!”

Author unknown
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jimbo42 »

Thank you all for the beautiful poems I was very touched and cried tears of sadness as for missing Ling but then tears of joy about that blessed reunion we will have near the rainbow bridge. Praise Jesus for that great day coming.
JIMBO42
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

A Special Word Of Thanks For Everyone

Post by jimbo42 »

I would like to offer a special word of thanks to all the posters here who have been so sweet, kind, and loving.

Helping me through the grieving process of my little boy Ling whom I miss terribly. But through all of you all's support I know he is happy healthy and will be waiting for me when I cross that rainbow bridge. I Love you all & God Bless You All

HUGS
Jimbo42
JIMBO42
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Jim,

I told you at the beginning we would all be with you and thinking of you. :)

I love the piece about the ship sailing away and I also love the piece about the pets playing and then one being alerted and spotting his/her special person coming.

I think it is so lovely and you just 'gotta' believe it. :)

Here on The Island, certainly where I was born and raised we believe that all animals go to the Happy Hunting Ground and I had not heard of the Rainbow Bridge. I think it is lovely and it figures, there must be a bridge to The Happy Hunting Ground, so there we go, a joining of ideas. And what a wonderful comfort those ideas are. :D

My Godfather used to tell me about the Happy Hunting Ground when I was a little girl in Wales and he used to weave all sorts of wonderful stories about what the animals did. The cats would sunbathe in the trees and the baby lambs would snuggle up to the lions and so on. Wonderful stories from a lovely Welsh man whose English was not very good! :lol:

I hope he is on the distant shore looking out for the ship I will be on when my time comes.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)