What's everyone feeding?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

jerryo

Post by jerryo »

I gotta go with Jeff on this one. I've been drinking diet coke so long the other stuff tastes awful to me. I even used to drink bourbon and diet 7-up to save a few calories. As for what's bad for you, everything seems to kill those lab rats they use for the testing. Maybe we should work on breeding stronger lab rats. Anyway as someone said, "There's more old drunks than old doctors." Something is finally going to kill us all anyway, so maybe we shouldn't worry about it so much. :D
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Don't panic, Sojourner. I looked it up:

If the dog food is labeled "human-grade ingredients" it's subject to actual USDA regulation:
no worse than hot dogs, potted meat, and Diet Coke — OK (Geez, Jeff. Live a little, have some sugar)

If it's approved only by the AAFCO:
road kill, diseased zoo animal carcasses and bird beaks — OK

I'm going to go have a hot dog and a real Coke and try to shake the jitters.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

lol jeff lol and a hehehe
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

I'm with Angie and Sandy on the regular Coke thing, but that's mainly cause I heard once that fake sugar makes your body hungry for more real sugar. I already have a sweet tooth as it is.
readergoof
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by readergoof »

Nay has a presciption dog food - Purina gastrointestinal EN - from her vet. When young we thought she was having nonstop bladder infections and was gassy. After months of antibiotics and different food combos this works. Every one in a while she may get wet or fresh food depending on medication and special occasions, but they are always followed with beano tablets. She loves her tummy pills.Image
Last edited by readergoof on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Precious is on IVD - Duck and Potato. She seems to really like it. Hard to tell too much if it has made a drastic change to her hair or not since it seems to be falling out right now due to her Cushings. But, she is very healthy otherwise. Perhaps, the way I should look at it is that she is better on this than the Science Diet I had her on before.

Missi
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
scakat2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scakat2 »

Pro-Plan Chicken and Rice. But they seem to like it moistened instead of dry. Is that ok?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Pro plan is more filler than food. The choice is really up to you. Maybe you should try some Nutro Ultra holistic, or Solid Gold Holistique Blendz, or Canidae, or Innova. I highly reccomend the first two especially the first one. But I have heard good things about the other two as well. Personally I push the Nutro because of how well my Ivana has done since being put on it. And because it comes with a taste guarantee and a shiner coat guarantee. But again what you feed is up to you.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
DeadIrishD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DeadIrishD »

Some what of an older topic, but I feed Bia Nutro and could not be happier with it.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I have found, that feeding Nutro Lamb and Rice does not mean that your Chows will accept Nutro Max. Mine are both on strike (kinda). They are eating it, but more as a last resort. I better go get some L&R, Lily can't afford to get any slimmer.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

I switched from Eagle Pack to Solid Gold and am VERY pleased with the results. All scaling, flaking, oily, itching, problems have been eliminated. Solo's coat looks 100% better and he is starting to retain some mass on his frame finally.

Nothing but Solid Gold from here on out. Besides the performance I have seen, what Solid Gold doesn't have in it is what really impressed me.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

What Auddymay said. Benny and Lady go through about thirty pounds of Nutro Ram and Lice a month, but would rather starve than eat Nutro Max.