estate planning with pets

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

estate planning with pets

Post by Sylvia »

I thought this was an interesting article on planning for your pets if you pass away first.

http://www.sacbee.com/107/story/78931.html
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Everyone should have a back up plan incase something happens, That's what happened to Pekoe, her first owner died and Pekoe had no where to go so wound up at a rescue.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

We put it in our trust that X amount must be utilized to re-home our pets with a special note that Shiloh and Mr. N must be re-homed with an experienced Chow person. Pekoe was lucky enough to find Jeff even though he didn't want a "damned dog!". I don't know that my two would be so lucky as Pekoe.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

kingalls wrote:... I don't know that my two would be so lucky as Pekoe.
Sure they will. Send them my way! Seriously. I'll take them. Put me down as their guardian of choice.
mrtdwt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mrtdwt »

This is so spooky. We just re-did our wills and it popped into my head toward the end to make a pet provision. They lawyer said it was the first time someone had done that. I've told my brother that if for some reason they can't keep our pets that they are to come here as one of their first resources. With you all you guys pulling for my chows, I know that they would get taken care of and re-directed as necessary should he not be able to care for them. I see the way you all love your babies - as I love my own - I would feel safer knowing that they had all of you guardian aunts and uncles looking out for them.

Michelle
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Oh, Lou!
You are our first choice for Ms. Shiloh! Shiloh and Ms. PB are girl pals after all! Mr. N is a handfull and I would prefer that my two stay together....if not, then I would definitely trust Jeff to take on Mr. N :lol:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

kingalls wrote:Oh, Lou!
You are our first choice for Ms. Shiloh! Shiloh and Ms. PB are girl pals after all! Mr. N is a handfull and I would prefer that my two stay together....if not, then I would definitely trust Jeff to take on Mr. N :lol:
I'll take them both. That's what I meant. Never would I seperate them. I'll take them both. Mr. N and I will get along quite well. I'm sure we will.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

:x
Thank you, Auntie Lou! :p

Shiloh and Mr. Nahkohe :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Actually Lou for 9 years I have been telling People if anything ever happens to me go on Chowchow.org find LOu or Victory, they will tell you what to do with Pekoe, just don't bring her to a Sheltor.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Actually Lou for 9 years I have been telling People if anything ever happens to me go on Chowchow.org find LOu or Victory, they will tell you what to do with Pekoe, just don't bring her to a Sheltor.
I do pray nothing happens to anyone. However, if something is up with the site, you have my private e-mail address so make sure you write it down on an address book or something, so your friends and family have access to it.