General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

The power of Prayer

Post by carolyn dewrance »

The Power of Prayer

Four years ago my Chow Nickita was killed by a snake bite, I buried her on the hill behind out house, and often used to go and talk to her, one day, when I got home from work, my son Robin told me that the kitten that we had rescued had gone missing, I called her and called her but could not find her, so I went up the hill to Nickies grave and spoke to her, asking her to please bring the kitten home, if she was still alive, an hour later it was dark when I heard a little meow coming from down our very long drive, I listened carefully, Yes I was sure that was our little Nellie, so I ran outside and there she was walking with my Maine Coon up the drive, she had been missing for hours. I truly believe that Nickita was the one that sent my Maine Coon out to find this lost kitten.
Over the years, I have asked Nickies help to find a lost animal, and usually with in an hour or two that animal has found its way home or has been found by it’s owner. Today was no difference, Usually when I get to work, Widget the little cross dashound and Monty the Rottweiler are waiting on the steps to welcome me, but this morning they weren’t there, I thought they were out on the farm, so did not worry to much, but as they weren’t home by lunch time, I started to worry, where were they, I called and called, My bosses son and I went into the bush and we look for them but there was no sign of them, It was a very hot day to day, and if they were lost they would dehydrate without any water to drink and could die. I stood in the bush and said a silent prayed to Nickie, Please to help me find Monty and Widget alive. And to send them home before I left work. At exactly 4.15 this afternoon, I saw Monty walking very slowly up the drive, but he was alone, no Widget with him, I called him inside and gave him some water and food, and again I prayed to Nickie to pleas bring Widget home, I went outside and there she was, just lying there on the grass, it was as if someone had carried her there, I picked her up and took her inside, and silently said a little Thank you to Nickie for finding them and sending them home.
Yes I believe in the power of Prayer, and I truly think that my Nikita is a saint.
Thank you Nickie for finding Monty and Widget.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441