Looking for help finding a chow breeder

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Smilinggflower
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for help finding a chow breeder

Post by Smilinggflower »

I know chows are on a 'exceptions' basis in my state (Montana) meaning there aren't really breeders. I've searched everywhere CCCi and AKC marketplace and I just can't find any breeders in Montana Washington Wyoming or north Dakota. (The states im willing to drive to). Does anyone have any suggestions for anything in those states that I might be missing? I know a pet store nearby occasionally has them but it looked like their breeders stud died and stopped posting last year and im also not really sure about the quality of their puppies anyways. For clarification im not opposed to flying to pick up my puppy but I wanna make sure that I get a responsible breeder. And still do prefer something close by so I can visit the kennels easier to talk with the breeder. I do not want to go through a puppy mill either whis seems to be all that's nearby ^^; anyone in these nearby states have any recommendations? I'd be willing to hear about breeders outside of my surroundings but might not be as ecstatic about it :D thanks for reading this hoping to get some helpful responses