My new Chow Chow Puppy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kitcatak
Rank 1
Rank 1

My new Chow Chow Puppy

Post by kitcatak »

I am so excited! My friends sisters Chow's accidentally "got together" and made 4 adorable little chowlings. They are now 4 weeks old and in another 4 weeks I will be bringing Leo home. He is a little red chow and I can't wait!

Anyway, I will probably pester you all with questions when I get my little fur ball home. I have read just about all of your posts and researched Chow's as much as I could, but you never really understand until you experience it!

Please, be sure to tell me if I become a pest!!

Tracy[/img]

Post by Guest »

Tracy,

You cannot possible be a pest! :lol:

Oh! I am so excited for you - there is nothing like a new chowling! When you bring your furbaby home, remember to smell - stick your nose in the beautiful wool and smell like you have never smelled before. :)

There is just nothing like the smell of new puppy, especially chowling! If you could find a way of bottling it and selling it, you w
would make a fortune!! :roll:

Please, let us know - I just remember like it was yesterday, the day we brought Milly home, and then later Mabel.

They send purple kisses. :) :)
jsnider

Brother....

Post by jsnider »

I'm getting Leo's brother!!!! His name is Simon and he WAS the runt, but has now packed on some SERIOUS weight... he is precious and snuggly and lovey, and Leo defends him when he gets picked on...

I am off to go see them and take MORE pictures....
kitcatak
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitcatak »

Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

they are so sweet! I want one!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I have had a look at them - they are so beautiful. :)

And - I want one too - for Milly and Mabel to be Mummies to! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

LOL - My Rogan was the runt... he is now a solid 82lbs. (Not an ounce of fat on him, mind you!)

Lots of luck... they are amazing animals.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Runts

Post by Shane »

You said that you have the runt. Well usually you better look towards a large chow, just a littles heads up. My aunt had the runt of the brother in the same litter as Krillan and he was huge. But unfortunately he never reach his full size :cry: he passed on. Before he passed on he was the size of Krillan currently, at 1 year he was about 50+ lbs.

Shane
jsnider

Simon the "runt"

Post by jsnider »

I am SO SORRY to hear about the loss. Poor puppy.
I guess by "runt" I mean that he was the smallest of them, not by a huge amount, but it was noticeable for the first 2 weeks... but now? He is all caught up and lovely.
Still, it is a good heads up for me to keep up on all his vet checks and be very aware that it could be a problem. His mommy was the "runt" too... and she is thriving and gorgeous!
Thank you for the advice though, and I will be very sure to keep a good eye on him. :-)