She cut our Coats off.

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

She cut our Coats off.

Post by carolyn dewrance »

She cut our coats off.

This morning, before the sun had come up, I heard my Mum in the kitchen, making herself a cup of coffee, then she opened the back door, of course we greeted her with pleasure, and Luke jumped all over her, like he does every morning, I love to lick her hands and her face as she cuddles me in her arms, and Sharon loves to stand next to her wagging her tail, and barking a few little hip hip sounds. But somehow this morning was different, she started to brush me which I hate, so I rolled over onto my back kicking my legs into the air, so she brushed my tummy and when she did that I grabbed her hand, to try and get the brush away, well after about 15 minutes of suffering the brush, she put it down, and reached for the scissors, Oh no I thought this is it, I am going to get a hair cut, Oh well at least I will be a little bit cooler, I stood still and she cut and cut, I watched all my lovely coat fall to the floor, and each time Little Luke grabbed some and put it into his kennel, as if trying to save it for me, to put back on when I needed it, eventually she had cut it all off, and I look terrible, She is not the best hairdresser in the world, She gave me a brush, and then took me into the bathroom, Now I did try my best to get away from her, I knew what was coming now, a BATH I hate to have a bath, she turned on the shower, and got the shampoo and started to rub me, and scrub me, I tried to get out but she put me back, soon it was over and after drying me a bit I jumped out and just to annoy her I shook water all over the floor, Then I made a beeline for the back door, and outside, shouting at Sharon to run as it was her turn next.
Sharon just looked at me, and of course I looked so funny, Luke was laughing at me and tried to roll me in the sand.
Sharon accepted her hair cut, and stood quietly, not saying a thing, she just stood and allowed Mum to cut all her lovely hair off, of course she would not let Mum cut the fur on her legs as they were still sore, where she had had that terrible itch, then into the bath she went as well, Sharon also hates to bath and barked her head off the whole time, anyone would have though she was been murdered, and she woke Robin up, he was very cross with Mum and asked her why she was bathing the dogs so early in the morning. Luke did not save Sharon’s fur, like he did mine; maybe he does not like her as much as he does me. Well we are two Chows Chows with no coats now, and hopefully it does not get cold again, I don’t like the cold weather.
Love to all
Chrystal, the now Bald Chow Chow.

Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Poor, poor girls. She did it for your own good. You don't want to be itchy, now do you? But I must say, better you than me!
Miss Lily
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

chrystal...I know how you feel....a princess with no hair..ARGGHHH.....Before My mommy 'dopted me, I was in a big building with lots of other dogs and I got shaved tooo...I was sooooo embarrased....I did not feel pretty .... My mommy and daddy thought I was a very nice-looking young lady and they took me home anyway!!! And I am glad!!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Me too...me too.
When daddy "dopted" me...I had a bald tummy...a bald tushie....no mane and really yukky tail. Daddy forgot to tell Mommy that he was "dopting" me...cause he was afraid she would say no....but no one wanted an "ugly" older chow like me so Daddy couldn't leave the city orphanage without me and then Mommy thought that I was really ugly.
But now I am a huge fluffball and Mommy just loves me soooooooooooooo much and I just love my Dad and Mom lots and lots and my big "bro" JR...he is my soul chow!!

Cheyenne
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Hi there, it's Benny,

Sorry to hear about your bad hair-do! I have never had a haircut like that, but a few months ago I had a hotspot on my tail, and the doctor cut all the hair off to treat it. But he left a little ball at the very tip, so I had to go around with a poodle tail until it grew back. I was soooo embarassed. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I know how you feel, but it will grow back. :)
chris

Post by chris »

Chowdude.... I remember that... shhhh, why would you bring that up again.. sheesh Benny.

I bet you chowladies look beautiful no matter how your fur is.. ;-)

Chow ya later

Steel