Pekoe might get Groomed.

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pekoe might get Groomed.

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I went into a Groomers today and talked to the owner, One of those designer types for the rich and famous, this lady was so nice and understanding I guess I have to take Pekoe to her. After I explained the whole story about Pekoe and her temperament she said she could make arrangements she has a deadly Akita that comes in. She also said I should get a release from the Oncologist just incase Pekoes immune system was down from the cancer but either way she won't have any other dogs in the shop when Pekoe comes in just for Pekoes safety. She did say Pekoe will have to be muzzled and mentioned that when the people bring the Akita in they Ace it but said not to do that to Pekoe she thinks she can handle it. I thought I would do a Mr. N. type grooming, No bath, no fixing up just get the mats and growth off her back side. She said no problem but I could stay the whole time and maybe we can do the works and I can help, but she's closing the place down just for Pekoe.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

:lol: Good luck, Jeff. That's great that you have found a groomer that is willing to work with Pekoe. When Mr. N goes to the groomers, he is the ONLY client and no one else is permitted in the room. The only exception has been a few crated "distractions"...the groomer had a very active kitten in one of the kennels - it distracted Mr. N to no end..poor guy is only a few feet away from this cat - I think he actually forgot he was being groomed for a few minutes. Be prepared for a rather long session, wear comfortable cushie shoes as you will be standing there holding Pekoe's head for a long time. If she's anything like Mr. N, I have to keep his head turned away from the groomer so that he does not see her - otherwise he gets pretty vocal about his dislike for being touched.
You'll need to take before and after pictures of Pekoe!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
chris

Post by chris »

WOW, thats totaly awsome. You should bring someone with you so they can take PICTURES of before and after, along with PICTURES of you helping groom her. and then of course we need a PICTURE of you and Pekoe together smileing after it's all over and you give her a big juciy steak. :D