General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

nikkiaudet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Update Bear the Chow mix rescued from South Central LA

Post by nikkiaudet »

Hi,
When I was looking to help this poor dog out of the high kill shelter - everyone on this forum was very supportive and wonderful. Bear is still recovering but is just the most wonderful dog- so funny and charming. I wanted to let you all know about my website- http://nikkiandthedogs.com/ Bear is on the "rescue dogs before and after" page and I will be updating his page regularly with his progress. Bear is very hand shy and we have discovered a 2 inch long scar- right above and between his eyes where he must have been whacked really hard. Poor thing! He Will be looking for a home when he is better so spread the word. Thanks again- Nikki & Bear
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

NICKKIE AND BEAR

Post by carolyn dewrance »

DEAR Nikkie and Bear, what a wonderful job you are doing with this lovely chow, I only wish I lived in America, I would definately take him into my home and give him all the love he deserves, Give him time Nikkie, he will come round, I had a rescue Chow a few years ago, and Tao would not let me near her for two weeks, she growled and wanted to bite, but one day when I took her for a walk she came up and licked my hand and I rubbed her head and from then on I knew she trusted me, and I went on to show her, and made her a champion in 5 shows, she was a lovely chow and I was very proud of her. So give Bear a chance, and go slowly he will come round, and If I had the money I would send it to you to send him to me in S.A. there are very few rescue chows in this country, there are very few chows in this country. So good luck I am thinking of you and thanks for posting his photos, looking forward to seeing the next lot.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Nikki, what can a person say except great job with Bear and staying with him from the beginning and saving his life.
I remember when I first saw those pictures you posted on graigslist of Bear at the shelter, sadist thing I ever saw, now looking at the pictures of him laying on the blanket you can see the contentment and piece in his eye's. thanks for all you have done for Bear and all the rescues you have saved. You may never get all the credit you deserve but the world is a much better place with you around.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Such Sad pictures, Nikki but thank God for you and your care.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)