JR and Cheyenne's new food

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

JR and Cheyenne's new food

Post by Sharons Chows »

Well everyone I finally did it.
All that I read from you guys is how good Nutro is and I have been thinking of changing to it since it really seems to agree with a Chows digestive tract better.
I took them both for a long walk in the park today and then we drove over to the pet store. JR does not like it in there and I had never taken Cheyenne...so I thought that maybe he would do better with his "lil" sis to help him out.
He still wasn't thrilled but was better with her help.
Thay both got petted and "oohed and ahhed" at...and Cheyenne was really good { I had my doubts}. She even parked her little butt in front of the guinea pig house and made her chow sounds but made no attempt to try and get them.

So I ended up buying a small bag of their regular stuff and a small bag of the Nutro same meal mix...lamb and rice...and will start their 50/50 mix and changeover tomorrow.
I will let you know how they like it etc and if I see a difference.

Thanks for all of your good feedback.
Sharon
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Ooooh, I hope you like your new food JR and Cheyenne!!

Hugs,
Special
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

You will get to love your new food and whoever is on poop duty will love it more because there will be less!! Keep us posted on if you notice a difference. I sure did!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Now what do I do?
JR and Cheyenne really don't seem to like their Nutro Lamb and Rice at all.
I am still mixing it 50/50 with their other Lamb and Rice.

Sharon
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

No more Nutro!
JR "starved" himself..he sniffed it and would not eat it.
Cheyenne picked for a few days and most of the food was left in the bowl.
I went back to their old food...checked the ingredients which were about the same. Lamb, brown rice and good vitamins, minerals, fish oil and natural grains...no wheat or by products.
They are both very happy and not hungry any more.

Sharon
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Sharon, could you please remind me what they were on before the Nutro. I'm having strange results with Nutro myself. Benny and Lady were going at the Lamb & Rice like a two-headed vaccuum, but then just stopped. I switched to the Large Dog Formula, but they like that even less. I got a fresh bag of the lamb, and they were OK with that for a week or so, now it's out of style. These two are worse than a couple of picky teenagers.
Last edited by jerryo on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I've noticed that with Conner also, put healthy food in front of him he won't touch it but put McDonalds in front of him he will eat with no problem. If anyone ever has problems with thier Chows not eating just buy a bag of Iams they will love it. 100% Corn filler = 100% Suger.
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Ha!Ha!Ha1 Jeff.... so funny. I knwo I used to feed Iams until I became a member of this site.

Sharon: Don't despair, when I switched from Iams to Nutro, my 3 weren't as eager to eat it. The spoiled little chowlings now get 1 can of Meyers (usually Turduckin as thats their favorite) between them - they LOVE it!!! I know, I know... apparently some have found alien items in the Meyers, however we check it thoroughly before they eat it.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish