Chow hair for sale on ebay

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chow hair for sale on ebay

Post by Sylvia »

I know the topic of making Chow hair sweaters has come up a couple of times. Interestingly, someone is selling chow hair on ebay. http://crafts.search.ebay.com/_Spinning ... rhillchows
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

That's a pretty cool experiment she's doing. It will be great if the person who buys the chow hair can make something out of it. I know my friend's late mom was spinner and she had a spinning club. My friend told me to send her mom Zhuyo's fur and they'd all try it out - Zhu was young at the time, 1-2 maybe. The only reason I didn't take them up on the offer was the amount of hair I would have to send to get a simple scarf knitted would have taken a few years. Now that he's gone, I do regret it. Her late mom said the yarn from Zhu's hair would probably have the texture between Mohair and Angora.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

If they can sell the religious icons in food stuff, they can sell this, no problem!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

They have a bid on each of them so the fur will sell. That is incredible. I have tons of fur stored because my daughter had a friend whose grandma is a spinner. They are no longer friends and we have tons of fur stored so I don't know what to do with it all. Oh well. I guess we can always sell it and become rich like this person is doing. :P
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

Boogie and Linda wrote:They have a bid on each of them so the fur will sell. That is incredible. I have tons of fur stored because my daughter had a friend whose grandma is a spinner. They are no longer friends and we have tons of fur stored so I don't know what to do with it all. Oh well. I guess we can always sell it and become rich like this person is doing. :P
It looks like it is the same person who has bid on the Chow hair. Maybe you could contact them and ask what they would charge to spin it for you or perhaps you can negotiate a trade where they can keep a certain amount of it for their own use. :P
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Great idea!!!! I think I might. I think it would be really neat to have something made out of Boogie's fur. I wonder how much fur it would take to make a throw blanket......
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

With Ivana it would take one day in fall shedding.....haha
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Well, now I wish I knew how to spin! What a fantastic keepsake you could make (scarf or small blanket) if it works. I think I'd rather have a Tessy scarf than pictures.

~Renae
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I like the idea, too!

A Brandon fur scarf. What a wonderful keepsake.

We need to find someone that spins. They could get some business off of this board if the prices were at all reasonable.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

When Benny blew his coat this spring I started collecting the fur for a sweater. Unfortunately I thought of it too late, so now I have to wait for the next blow. With a full blow collected, I should have plenty for a sweater (and a bedspread left over). There are several hand spinners on the web if you do a Google for them. The local Arts and Crafts Center is also teaching a class on it.
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

I have a flyer somewhere from someone who would buy chow fur (and samoyed and a number of other thick coated breeds). I don't remember how much she paid though ..

I've also seen more than one place that would spin the chow fur into yarn. They usually combined it with some type of wool to lengthen the fibers overall (although chow has a nice length of fiber). I have cinnamon fur from Kylee, black fur from Dora and a mostly cream fur from Khana - so I could have a neat combination of colors to work with.

There was a guy up here who showed Old English sheepdogs and he would wear this vest in competition that was made from his dog's fur. It was white and gray and fuzzy .. *L* .. but looked neat!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
... bathed Dora yesterday and left another dog worth of fur on the floor of the drying room at the dog wash place .. *L*
Jed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jed »

I wanna sweater made from chow's fur, i'l wait for my chow's hair to shed
Hello chow lovers
DeadIrishD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DeadIrishD »

can one dog's hair make a small hoody?
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I am so interested in this. I think when Tess blows her winter coat next spring, I might give it try.

Thanks for the links!
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.