My photo album of my chow please take a look

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

My photo album of my chow please take a look

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Please take a look at my photo album of my chows, and let me know what you think
Thanks
carolyn
http://carolyndewrance.tripod.com/meltari_chow_chows
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

They're all gorgeous but Leotari is my favorite since I have never had a Chowling. Sheena is my first and she was a 3 yr. old rescue.

Thanks for the pics, Carolyn.
Jennifer & Sheena

Post by Guest »

:lol: Thank you so much Jennifer and Sheena, its so easy to make this site, and I would love to see more of our members displaying photos of their chows.Come on Guys the Chow is the best companion animalin the world, we need to see more of them
Thanks once again
Carolyn
kingalls

Pictures

Post by kingalls »

Carolyn,
I just had a look at all your Chows - they are beautiful. We use to post our Chow pictures on Monica's Chow Chow site. When this revitalized ChowChow.org site came up, I'm afraid most of us have not visited that site for a while now. I had a look at it about a month ago and I did get copied on an email about the site having little activity and that it might be removed.
Being able to link our picture url's in our posts are really convenient. I hope that creating the site is as easy as you said...I will give it a try soon.

And, yes, I would love to see more pictures of everyone's Chows, too.

Thanks,
Karen

Post by Guest »

:lol: Thank you Karen, Your chow is also very lovely, we do not get many cream or white chows in South Africa, and the one I had a few years ago was one of the first, now there must be about 20 in the country.
Thanks Again
Carolyn
debbie and bones

your beautiful chows

Post by debbie and bones »

what gorgeous chows. My favorite is Smurf. How many do you have now? What got you interested in Chows that you have had so many? I would like to post some pictures of my 2 chows, but do not have the knowledge yet on how to do so. Maybe someday!
Thanks for directing us to your photos Debbie and Bones
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thank you Debbie, Smurf is now 7 years old, and I have 8 chows at the moment, Alex age 10, Smurf now 7, Flash, 7, Zena 4, Denim gold 2, Amour 6, Sharon 6, and Chrystal, 5 years, I think they are all on the photo album, I also have a Doberman age 9 years, Candy a maltese age 17 Roxy a maltese age 3, and Dixie an Africanis now 3 years. Quite a handfull for one mother but I love them all so much, I also have 9 ducks, 6 geese, and 8 parrots, 2 budgies, and a little wild bird manikin, and 2 doves all hand reared, one day I will put them all onto the photo album, My boss has 7 ostrich and one I have adopted or lets say he loves me and walks to work with me every morning and walks me home every night, every one laughs at this bird but I think he really loves me I call him Jon JOn. Well thats my lot, will write again soon and thank you so much.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

sorry Debbie it's a long story, if you read my post Dogs in my Bed you will find out how I came to be in love with the Chow.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Elaina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Elaina »

Carolyn,

I would like to thank you for sharing pictures of your Chows! I can't pick a favorite because they are all so beautiful. How fortunate you are to live around so many Chows. One day...when i figure out this pic thing, I will post pics of Max and Mahayana.

Thanks again for sharing
Elaina, Max-A-Million, and Mahayana :D
mochanike
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mochanike »

Your chows are absolutely gorgeous. They such unique creatures. I don't have any full-bred chows. My dogs are mixed chows I but hope to eventually have a full bred chow one day. I have a baby on the way so that is absolutely out of the question. I can barely handle the 2 I have. My fiance says no more animals right now. I will post a picture of my 2 little ones shortly.
Lily Griffin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lily Griffin »

Your dogs are just too too beautiful. If I didn't have my husband to curtail me, I would have more as well. I have attached a link of mine at home, I have 2 german shepherds and 2 chows. The chows came after and its the first time I have had chows - they are really remarkable and dear animals and I love them all to pieces. None of mine are registered although I beleive all are purebred. I don't show or breed, so they are only to love, which suits me fine!

Lily
There are no ordinary Chows
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thank you Lily I love them so much and it hurts so much when I loose one of them, Unfortunatly tomorrow I am going to have to put my Doberban down, I know he is not a chow but he has been a very special part of my life, and of course I will miss him so much.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Carolyn

I'm so sorry that you have to put your doberman down. Chewie's two best friends are dobermans. What wonderful loving dogs.

Stay strong and remember he goes to a better place.

Your photo album is beautiful!

Hugs,

Mandy & Chewie
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Mandy thank you so much, I took Luke to the vet this morning in tears knowing what was going to have to be done, and after a through examination the Vet said no He had developed an allegery to his food, and that I had to change his diet, he had lost a lot of weight in the 5 days he has been sick, the Vet did all the tests and they all proved negative, He suggested I get him a baked chicken and see if he would eat this when I got home, Well guess what, he did eat some of the chicken, so I have bought him some chicken mince and will now feed him this untill he gets his strength back, I came home very tired but smiling, my Luke will live a little longer.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

arnis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arnis »

WOOOHOOO Carolyn. very very glad to hear that.. :D

Post by Guest »

That is great to hear!!
Debbie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hooray for Luke

Post by Debbie »

You must have been so relieved when the vet told you that you didn't have to put Luke down. Its like a dream come true. Today is the 2nd anniversary of our Bear's death and I would have given anything to hear that I could do something to keep him alive. I'm so happy for you both and for all your animals that Luke will be around for all to enjoy. How do he and chows get along?
:D :D Debbie and Bones