Abandoned Chow

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Abandoned Chow

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just found this on SF graigslist, maybe someone in the sf area (Lou) can help this Lady with what to do with the Chow, she is in Oakland, I just e-mailed her for an update.

Reply to: nbrown82004@yahoo.com
Date: 2005-07-18, 9:11PM PDT

A black Chow was abondoned by his family because they had to move and couldn't take him. He is left alone in the house they once lived in and is very upset, confused, and alone. He needs a home and TLC. Please call Nancy at (510)384-3522
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hey Jeff, I contacted the woman. Below was her response. I also suggested that she contact Smiley Dog Rescue to alert them of Bear's current homing situation, as they rescue in the east bay. They have two chows currently at rescue. Poor, Bear. Thank goodness Nancy was there to do him good.

Dog is now at the Berkeley Humane Society, 2700 9th St. off of San Pablo. The son of family came and I told him to take him there since new owner of home ordered the dog to be taken away. I need to go check on him there. Hopely, they won't put him to sleep. He is very broken hearted.
He has bad ears, no hair on his but or back. Was a beautiful black chow but was neglected. I hope he gets a better home. His name is Bear.
I also will consider yr info. Thanks so much, Nancy
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

To Lou

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Thanks Lou,

I had talked to her by phone yesterday before I posted her post and told her hopefully someone would be in contact with her and gave her a few suggestion's.
I told her to call Milo foundation, they are at Berkley every weekend on 4th street, they arn't really a Chow rescue but thats where we adopted Pekoe.

Thanks again.
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Just want to say thanks Lou and Jeff for the postings, advice and attention you bring to rescuing. And also a big thank you to all on this site who do the same. Much health and good wishes to all.
Jennifer & Sheena