Chasing your Chows with a Flashlight

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Chasing your Chows with a Flashlight

Post by Jeff&Peks »

If you are having a hard time locating your Chow at night, in the yard or on walks get one of those little red flashing lights that attach to their collars or leashes, they activate on their own at night so you don't have to worry about turning them on. They sell them at the pet stores for around $10

I use a 26 Foot leash with Pekoe and her being black I can't see her at all at night on walks or in the yard but I do see that little light flashing. its easier to see her and like the rest of you when I'm chasing her around trying to get her to come in I just chase the flashing red light.

Plus you don't look like a serial killer with a flashlight running through neighbors yards at night .
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes Jeff, well - that is Fred's secret weapon in getting Milly Ching in at night when she is being difficult with him.
He gets a torch and she will follow him anywhere to get the beam - she loves it - her tail wags (rare event) and her little ears prick forward and she will follow anywhere! :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

Max is afraid to go out at night and most likely beats me to the door!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Jeff - were it that simple...just got in from chasing Shiloh around the yard this evening...I need the flashlight to watch for the "land mines" that Mr. N leaves. I can hear her crashing through the bushes so I pretty much have an idea where she is...Neither Mr. N or Shiloh wear collars. Ever since Mr. N's first trip to the groomers, I have opted to not put the collars back on because she said it creates matts in that area. The only time they get dressed is when we put on their harness for a walk...so I don't have anything to attach a flashing light....by the way, the flashlight doesn't always work with my old eyesight...what doesn't appear to be a land mine, actually is :wink:

Karen