how to feed a 2 month old chow chow

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

angelbertsam
Rank 0
Rank 0

how to feed a 2 month old chow chow

Post by angelbertsam »

hi! my friend gave me a 2 month old chow chow because he said that he cant handle taking care of a puppy right now. so i accepted it since i really wanted a puppy eversince. stark is now on his second month and gladly he is very active! but he wont eat his food puppy chow(brand). even if it is mixed with water. he only likes milk from time to time, im worried that he may not be getting his proper nutrition. can someone please help me? im just a beginner dog owner.

thanks!
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: how to feed a 2 month old chow chow

Post by chow4life »

Wow, where to start. I am assuming you got him before eight weeks. First off get him off puppy chow brand food and put him on some good quality food. Do a search on this site and you can read what others have had success with. Most the time chicken free as chows tend to have allergy reactions to this. Secondly, be working on potty training. Take him outside frequently to potty and when he does say "good boy", then give a super good treat that he likes. This is a reward. Do this consistently and he will catch on quickly. My matilda was potty trained in 2-3 weeks tops. Third- be socializing him with people around you. Even such as just having a few visitors over when he is so young so that he gets in the mode of seeing other people. As he starts getting older sometimes going to puppy classes are a great idea for both. Fourth- give him lots of love and attention. Chows are incredible but they do need consistency and love on a regular basis. There is a wealth of information on this site. Search NLIF it's a great way to start out. Good luck:-)