General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Removing Unused Forums?

Post by chowadmin »

Greeting everyone,

I'm thinking of removing a few of the unused forum categories since nobody post in them and they seem like unnecessary clutter.

I'd be removing the General Dog Discussions group and the Dog Adoptions group. This would keep the forums Chow Chow only which makes since this is ChowChow.org.

Do you think they are worth keeping?
Best regards,

ChowChow.org Administrator

Join the ChowChow.org Facebook Fan Page and follow on Twitter @chowchoworg
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello there,

I don't suppose they are worth keeping as they are not being used.

I am just grateful for this site so I go along with your wishes.
Also, I would like to contribute to the cost but as I live in the UK I don't know how.

Thanks for the site.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
kingalls

Unused forums

Post by kingalls »

Yes, I think it would be okay to remove the unused forums...perhaps make room for others - like events, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. :D

Thanks so much for your efforts on this site.

Karen
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I ditto what Judy and Karen said. Back in April I mentioned a spot for birthday's anniversaries and birth announcements too. So that would be great. Something I miss from the old site is when we would know special days for our special chow friends. Also a separate one for "in memoriums" might be nice. That way people who posts tributes to their chow don't have to dig around for them in the future.

Thank you again for this wonderful site!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

What a good idea! Birthdays and Anniversaries - then Fred can fly more flags!
To those new to the site, I have a number of Chow Chow birthdays down on my calendar and Fred and Milly and Mabel fly the appropriate flag in our garden, on that day. We have even been sent some State flags - Susan (of the Heard Herd - havn't heard from her lately!! :D ) sent the Tennessee State Flag to fly for her Chows and the Sha Pei - we also use that for The New Guy, the Brave Patriot - Bubba's Welsh lad! Then Zhu and Pooh Bear sent Milly and Mabel the Californian State Flag - so that goes up for their special days - it was up last Monday for Miss Pooh Bear. The Canadian Flag flew proudly for H.R.H. Pumpkin and Monica's Frodo and Miss Baby Kira and so on.
So, folk, you only have to say the word!!
We can fly the Scottish Flag for the lad who lives 'near to us' (that has amused me Lou) - havn't got a South African Flag Carolyn - Australia, can do. Spunky in Guatamala has not told us his birthday - but Confucious, we have a Chinese flag - Milly and Mabel like that for their birthday!! :lol:

However, tomorrow, Saturday, The Royal Standard will fly in honour of our Queen's official birthday - not her proper one - We will watch Trooping The Colour on Television.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

I'm in favor of getting rid of forums that are not really used. It will create less confusion for those who inaccurately post chow-mixes in the non-Chow dog sections.

Like Lou, I would love to see birthdays, adoption anniversaries and memoriams for our beloved Chows.

I also want to thank you for having and maintaining this web site - it has helped me tremendously and given me the opportunity to help others. Thanks again. :D
Jennifer & Sheena
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

Ok, I've removed to non-chow related forums and I added a Special Events, Birthdays & Anniversaries section to the General Discussions.

Thanks for the input.
Best regards,

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Awesome! Thank you!

You think an "In Memorium" (The Happy Hunting Ground, Rainbow's Bridge) section will come soon? I'm about to send someone over to this new chowchow.org that somehow was able to post on the old server. She had to put her 13.5 year old boy to sleep on Monday. :(
kingalls

New Forum

Post by kingalls »

I was wondering if we might be able to have a little "user" management of this particular forum?
For instance, we would have the topic start with "Anniversary" or "Birthday" or "In Memory" or "Special Event"???
Or maybe none of the above? Does anyone think that would be helpful?

Speaking of anniversaries...I will need to check my calendar. I think Shiloh's 2 year anniversary of finding us was the first week in June. I'll check and post that soon.
:D
Karen
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

Good suggestion Karen, I'vd added a sticky topic to the Events forum with some topic guidelines.
Best regards,