My HEART is so warm!!!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

My HEART is so warm!!!

Post by cherriemater »

Last night the boys and I went out for our usual walkies. The township started tearing down the fence around the ball park before winter set in (GRRRRRRRRR....) and, therefore, left big holes out of which the boys could sneak. However, they have done okay so far but I have to be extremely vigilant. Anyway ... it was just about 6:00pm and getting dark so I grabbed them and hooked them up mid-zoomies (which I don't usually do but was thinking about the gaping holes and lack of fence in areas) and got them going around the block. We have to be careful now, also, when we go by the garage (across M-32) because they have FIVE BLUE HEELERS who sometimes sit outside (and have been known to attack dogs on that side of town in a pack ... Geesh!). Fortunately, they were not out this night.
our town.jpg
our town.jpg (191.02 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
Anyway (again) ... whenever we get to an intersection that we must cross, I have the boys sit ... and wait ... (my hand poised like a stop sign) and then wait until they are looking at me ... I check to make sure the road is clear and then ... (hand swooshes down) ... let's go. Good boy, Leo! Good boy, Max!

So, fortunately, the Heelers are not out but it is now dark and it's just about the time that the masses have made it to our town from Gaylord/I-75. The boys are sitting and a bit restless so it took me a bit to get their eyes on me and then ... car, car, car, semi, semi, truck, semi, truck, car, car, car ... ohhhhh the headlights seemed to be endless. I was so worried about the boys darting but they sat SOOOOO patiently as I watched the traffic. (We were going to turn left and go down are little street but at this intersection the gas station is right there and my eyes are such that I didn't think I'd be able to make out turn signals ... so we waited ... and waited ... and waited.) Every time I turned back to the boys to check their attention, they were focused on me (I could also sense no movement on the leashes on which I had tightened my grip). Finally, after what seemed like an hour, but may only have been two, maybe three minutes, the cars cleared and we could go on our way.

I was so ELATED!!! We actually trotted down the little street called Birch, which leads to Frank, which leads to Basswood ... our street. ((The boys are usually tuckered out by this time and walk more slowly ... but I couldn't help myself.)) I'm singing their praises as we go ... Oh such good boys!! Leo! Good Boy! Max! Good Boy! (Geesh, I'm surprised the paddy-wagon wasn't following me close by to see where I lived!!) Instead of turning right on Frank, however, I let them go straight on Birch .... alllllll the way past the Lawn Rangers house (they live behind us) then right on Rowan, right on Basswood and home again home again jiggity jig!!

So proud of the boys!!! This is what consistency will get you!! OUCH! Dang! I knew I shouldn't pat myself on the back so hard!! Just kidding :P They really are good boys!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: My HEART is so warm!!!

Post by Sirchow »

Wow....what else can I say. Please come and train my dogs. Free board and lodgings while you do :lol:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Ohhhhh Siriol!!! Don't EVEN tempt me! Joe and I was watching a Travelscope episode (or a Rick Steve's maybe?) about Scotland and Joe teased, "I wanna go to Scotland." I seriously got up, got out my suitcase and started packing. He was not as amused. I go to that webcam, though, whenever you talk about your weather there. >>sigh<<
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

If you get the chance ( dance) go!!! I loved Scotland I want to go back again ,the people were lovely ( I see where Siriol gets it from) and the country is just beautiful and we only saw a small portion but it seemed like a lot to my feet and eyes!! We had the best time laughing and a few tears when I saw how lovely Siriols chows are! They gave me a warm welcome along with the humans there too! And we had beautiful weather except one day!! A day to shop ,I said,,,
And not to derail your post great job with the boys !
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Awww what a lovely post Nancy. I missed this before. Any time either of you want a little tour of Scotland just hop on over [:D]
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.