Do Furr-alarms have snooze buttons?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Do Furr-alarms have snooze buttons?

Post by Rio »

Rio is a little hit an miss on a morning with his alarm bark, well I say he is it depends what time my daughters boyfriend is working at. Sometimes its 6am and other times its around the 7am mark, if there is a snooze buttom can someone please tell me where it is located :mrgreen:
What time do you all hear the alarm at?
tabate45
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Do Furr-alarms have snooze buttons?

Post by tabate45 »

Shy is my alarm clock. And she has no snooze button either. It's whenever she wakes up...between 5:30 and 7 am. She comes in the room, makes her "Wake up Mommy" noises...very quietly I must say, as I'm a very light sleeper and sits and stares at me. I get up, get a nice morning purple kiss and open the doggie door, turn on the fan so I can't hear any barking, and go back to sleep. Coal on the other hand, gets quite put out if he is woke up too early. He will not budge til he is ready.
Staceyvd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Staceyvd »

Lexi wakes up me and my hubby between 4 am and 6:30. So annoying!! I'd love to know if theres a snooze button!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Ursa has 0600 down pretty good. She is ready to go out, so she wakes us up. Bunny (cat) will wake up at 0530 or so, and then find something to play with. She can make a lot of noise batting around a toy under the bed. If that is not enough, 0700 is feeding time, and Malachi, who took Ursa's place next to the bed, will put his nose in my face and then huff if someone won't get up. There are 8 animals here, with five or six sleeping in our bedroom every night, so there is definitely a wake up alarm, and NO snooze button.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Ours have always been pretty good at sleeping. Even as puppies they seldom got us up before 7am. It was a long time till we got a lie in but occasionally on a sunday I get a shock and find it is 9am and no one woke us! I have been having to get up early with the puppies to feed Izzie. To get a head start on the milk bar she gets a feed at 6am and then a snooze to start production!
We have decided to keep one of the babies :D so it will be back to puppy hours for a while but I am used to popping in and out of bed these days to deal with puppies screaming in the night, so wont be too hard to cope with one staying. \:D/
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Which one are you keeping? You kept that quiet you little sneak ;)
hayleedog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hayleedog »

I think mine is broken :(

It is alway me who wakes HER up
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Our two younger M's do get us up out of our beds no later than 8.30 a.m. and they do not have snooze buttons either. But I cannot grumble. They love bedtime and they love getting up time so we are happy. The old girl Mabel ambles off to bed after she has been out to spend a penny and we don't hear anything from her until we go and suggest to her in the morning that she might like to get up - then she agrees and up she gets big chow grin on her face ready for her breakfast.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
squintero
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by squintero »

Juliette wakes me up every morning. Usually around 9am.
She sits at the side of my bed and starts smacking me in the head with her paws. She has done this since she was a puppy.

It never fails.. Sometimes I get home from work very late (like 3am-4am) and as soon as I get home I walk her. But a few hours later shes by my side smacking me in the head.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

I think Juliette is checking for your snooze button ;)
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Ty will sometimes stand across from me and stare. Sometimes huff. Sometimes he'll run back the hall, and then run back in and whimper (usually when he sees Dexter outside). And teheh Siriol, hard to resist those puppies. Is it the one you were worried about?
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

After reading all these, it just confirms i have the lazy chow...now mind you, we selected Rory based on his laid back personality, and we definitely chose correctly. I am always the 1st up, never the girls. My morning routine is to head down to the kitchen and load up Rory's bowl with his breakfast, and then start a pot of coffee. Rory can usually be found 1/2 under my daughters bed, will wag his rear a bit, and then wait for the sound of breakfast in his bowl before coming down the stairs...sometimes, even that doesnt get him going.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I got a new alarm at around 0500 this morning. A whip-poor-will was either in the fig tree or one of the blueberry bushes in the back yard. This is just off the back porch. Life in the country.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

My alarm is definitely broken - I get up before Fozz and if that is before 8 or 9am, she lies on the floor with her tail wagging until she can be bothered to get up. When she gets up she does a big s-t-r-e-t-c-h and yawn thing and then comes and sits next to the fridge for her breakfast/morning medication. We like to greet the day gradually in our house ....
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Mine is broken as well. When she was first old enough not to be gated in the kitchen at night she used to sit beside my bed and stare, sometimes batting me with her paw and other times sitting beside me on the bed face hanging over me like a vulture. Now that she is a mature year and a half she is always asleep beside the bed in the morning until I get up and then she jumps up on the bed until I'm ready to take her out.
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

My alarm depends on what time I go to bed since I always let them go out before bedtime. Usually its around 6am. But there is no snooze alarm with Chums around. He will jump up beside the bed and whap you with that huge paw. Sometimes I try to roll to the middle of the bed & ignore him...bad decision...if I dont get up he jumps on the bed and stands on my chest,lol. I have no choice except to get up.
squintero
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by squintero »

Rio wrote:I think Juliette is checking for your snooze button ;)
I love waking up to her sweet face. As soon as she wakes me I this some shoes on grab the leash and take her for a nice walk. My poor neighbors get to see me first thing in the morning looking like a monster.

But my Julie has been very good about letting me know when she wants to go out. I'd rather be smacked in the head than wake up to a mess in my apartment.