Love it or Hate it?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Love it or Hate it?

Post by Rio »

Whilst reading around the internet (like you do) I noticed that apparently Chows aren't too fond of rain or getting paws wet. LOL to this, Rio actively walks towards huge puddles (which we have had a lot of recently) and loves being out in heavy downpours ( again we have had a few recently) wondered what yours think of rain =D=
Last edited by Rio on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Love it or Hate it?

Post by Cam Atis »

Cassie will roll on a puddle if she can on a hot summer day. And she does not mind the drizzles. But if it is heavy downpour, yeah she mind. She dont like to get wet and I dont also. So if it rains and she is still outside I have to go out and get her in. No she does not frolick in the rain.
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

There are no words...
5.JPG
5.JPG (28.81 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
ALIM0766.JPG
ALIM0766.JPG (18.02 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
DSCI0010.JPG
DSCI0010.JPG (40.71 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

for how much Loo loves ANY kind of water!
DSCI0331.JPG
DSCI0331.JPG (33.8 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
DSCI0333.JPG
DSCI0333.JPG (38.13 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

Ming absolutely HATES water and will not go outside if we're within 24 hours of rain, either before or after! He'll "hold it" for a couple of days if he has to just to avoid the possibility that he might get wet. Tempest, on the other hand, would go outside during a hurricane-force shower, wouldn't bother her a bit. If she can find a puddle, she'll happily walk right through it, while Ming walks around it...
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

I guess Loo hates water then so thats a tick in the hates box ROFL. Wish I could 'hold it' for a few days :)
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Fozz will attempt to 'hold it' too if it is raining - but dives up to her back in the nearest bit of water on walkies!?! There must be some logic to it somewhere!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Mine hate rain and will walk round a puddle rather than through it. Our old girl Mabel will stand on the path and test the grass with a paw to see if it is wet. They hate it!
If they are out in the garden and it starts to rain, they will all run in immediately. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I had one, LiChi who would go out in it, then take one step pick that paw up and shake it like a cat, give me a dirty look, (I was responsible for the rain of course) take another step, lift that paw and shake it. It would take us half an hour to go 10 feet. Ming would look out see that it was wet and decide he didn't need to go and go back upstairs. Darkwind would sigh, go out and avoid all the puddles he could. Firesong will go through a puddle, but doesn't like getting her bum wet so she won't go until we find a dry spot. Dreamdancer doesn't seem to care...
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Water was Tippsy's nemesis... :lol: She HATED it.

Jasper loves water though. :lol: And Dixie feels the same way Tippsy did, only of it's a thunder storm, she freaks out...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

Dim Sum doesn't mind rain or puddles. He doesn't actively seek either out, but if it's unavoidable, no worries.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

None of mine have ever liked rain...snow, now thats fun. Get just as damp, but will look out the door at rain, and just stand there not going out.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

If there is a hint of rain Henry will sniff and look before he steps off the porch steps, he will do the same at the end of the path. If he sees a puddle we go back up the path and he lays on the front porch area and watches. He will walk away from a puddle, if it starts raining while he is outside, laying down, we have to coax him to move as he wants to keep his paws dry (tucked underneath him).

Henry doesn't like the rain but he'll drag me out when it's -40 celsius and blowing a blizzard :shock:
Thank you Sweatpea
hayleedog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hayleedog »

Hannah hates puddles, she will avoid them like the plague

as far as rain, if she is already outside when it starts raining she will lie out there and drown if I let her but if she is inside and she needs to go out I'll open the door for her and she looks at the rain then (I swear) she say's no thanks mom, I'll hold it LOL

Funny story

I used to have a small poodle mix that hated getting his feet wet, one day he was out doing his business and I hear him barking, just a woof then a couple minutes later another woof, I go out to see what was gong on, he had peed on the cement patio (cuz the grass was wet) and peed himself in a corner. he was trying to tell me he needed help hehe.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

OMG ROFL at poodle bless his little paws ;)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lily is a mixed bag. She will obviously go into water as seen on my signature. She will walk through a puddle-sometimes. If it starts raining and she is outside having fun, that is fine, but if it is raining and she has been inside, heaven help us all, she won't budge. If the grass is dewy as it is in the morning, all 3 go outside and do their business, but then come right back in until the grass is dry and layable...lol. The verdict is still out for Dillon, whatever Lily does, so does her giant shadow.
Staceyvd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Staceyvd »

Lexi loves the rain and the snow! She'll stay outside in either for hours if she could. Our other girl Mia, on the other hand, she's a spoiled little princess and would rather stay inside than pee in the rain.