MOODS?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

MOODS?

Post by threedogjeep »

So not all of a sudden Leela doesn't want me to groom her. I have taken her like twice a year to a groomer, otherwise done it myself. Since last summer, when Caity died...she has been refusing the comb brush furminator...it don't matter...she runs when I pick it up. Or anyone picks it up. Seems she does fine at the groomer. we pull up to the house and walk up to the door and she paws it to get in. So....can they just "take a mood" like that? Now I have to pay bucks for a shed out that I used to do!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: MOODS?

Post by Victory »

Yes, they can change their behavior just like that. And they do it worse when they are allowed to get away with it. Put her leash on her, get her where you want to and brush her. That's why she doesn't do it at the groomers, cause they make her behave and just do it. My two will run too, I go and get them, bring them to where we're comfortable and they settle down and allow me to groom them. You're the boss you have to make sure she knows that.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: MOODS?

Post by Judy Fox »

Mmm! Mabel is being difficult with brushing etc. at the moment and she really does look like a hobo chow at the moment! :lol:

We are just waiting for the weather to warm up enough to give her a bath and a good brushing and get all the winter undercoat away then she will be alright. We don't want to upset her. She has had enough with Milly going and the two squirts arriving. She loves them and loves watching them and they go and kiss her and talk to her but it is an upset to her life as she knew it.
So roll on better weather to get her looking nice again. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)