Miss Matilda a week on.........

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Miss Matilda a week on.........

Post by Judy Fox »

.............yes - a week on and Matilda has reached Grade 8 in baggageness! :lol:
She has settled in well and is eating her meals like a good chowling and has grown. We notice it when she stands by the front gate. When she first came, we were a little worried she might be able to squeeze under it but now we don't think she can. However, we take no chances. :roll:
She and Mabel are getting on very well. Matilda washes Mabels face and snuggles into her for a sleep. This afternoon, when they were outside in the front garden, Mabel gave Matilda's face a good wash and enjoyed a little play with her.
However, Mabel is disgusted, absolutely disgusted with the newspaper on the floor. Matilda is very good though and is now going to the front door and baarking to be let out to spend a penny. She has had a few accidents in the house but nothing to fret about - except, of course Mabel. She does not like it. When Matilda drops a puddle on the paper, she looks at it and you can see the disapproval. Poor Mabel! :shock:
When we go to bed, Matilda comes with us into our room and even though there is newspaper down she has not once spent a penny in there. She settles down to sleep like the good little girl she is.
This morning Mabel woke me up just before 7 o'clock to go out and Matilda went out too. The both spent a penny then came back in. As it was still dark I took them back into our room and I got back into bed. I thought I might manage another hour!! :lol: At 9.30 a.m., Matilda went round to Fred's side of the bed and put her paws up and cried to him. I had gone back to sleep. Anyway, we got up and out they went again. Then of course it was all systems go - breakfast and a good play until she collapsed for a good sleep. She thinks she is a big chow chow but she is still only a baby.
This is a picture the breeder sent to me of Matilda and her sisters. She took it on the morning before we arrived to pick Matilda up.
Last edited by Judy Fox on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Miss Matilda a week on.........

Post by Mia »

Aww...Miss Matilda sounds like the cutest chowling ever. How I miss those days...Mia looking disgustingly at Chutters for having an accident, LOL.
Miss Mabel is such a sweet older sister.
What a lovely family you have.
Mia
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Miss Matilda looks like shes really enjoying Mabel . And I so understand Mabel's disqust with the papers.. so past Mabels time..
But I am sure Mabel will be the big sis and show her all the tricks of the chow trade..
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Miss Matilda is soo squishy cute! Mabel is teaching her well!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Miss Matilda is simply a DOLL! :)
And Mabel is such a good big sister. :D It's so good to see she's teaching Little Matilda so well.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Little Matilda is such a good little girl! She and Mabel are adorable together.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Matilda looks such a perfect little chowling. She just looks like a miniture chow. Its lovely to hear them getting on so well and Mabel being a good patient big sister and it doesn't sound like the paper will be down for long anyway. I love the photo of them together in the garden. So sweet. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
ADKH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ADKH »

What a cutie she is.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Cute cute cute! Miss Matilda sounds like she has her kingdom doing her biding without missing a step!
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

Aww she is just adorable wow love a chowling and as a pair they look so comfortable i bet you beam with pride when you look at them :D
onthemove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by onthemove »

What a beautiful chow baby Miss Matilda is. She has a wonderful big sis to show her the ropes. I know you are enjoying that sweetie pie.
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

What an adorable little fluff bucket you have there, Judy! Enjoy!
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

oh Judy,

I must have missed that you got Matilda,
Congratulations. I am so happy to hear that she is getting along
with Mabel. Mabel is such a good sister even though she is disgusted
with the paper. Matilda ( love her name) is so squisshy cute. It makes me
want to have a chow puppy some day.

David
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

Both your chows are GORGEOUS!!
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
Mailie's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mailie's Mom »

Oh Judy! I love her! Give her a big squeeze from me. :inlove:
I have to say....I am a little (okay maybe a lot) jealous. I love the puppy breath. There is nothing like it!
Mailie ...............................................................................................................................Louie
Thanks sweetpea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you everybody.

Matilda is 10 wks. old today and been here with us for two weeks tomorrow.

She is becoming quite character and is very affectionate. She is eating like a good girl and has had her first set of jabs from the vet. Next time she goes she is going to be microchipped. She loves her toys and plays quite happily by herself tossing toys round and making them squeak - then she just flops and goes to sleep. Her house-training is coming along fine and we are having very few accidents. She now almost comes in when she is called in but will rush in immediately for a little treat, little baggage.

I am so glad we have got her. :D
LUV_a_CHOW_PUP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LUV_a_CHOW_PUP »

She is a sweetheart! IF you dont mind me asking What Breeder did you get her from? That litter of pups is adorable!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

I bet beautiful, squishy, kissable Matilda will cheer up the whole house. Not that you will ever forget Millie, but there nothing like a baby around to heal the wounds of ones that have passed.
And, Miss Mabel seems to be ready to take her on.
She is so precious - I am so happy for you - and quite a bit jealous as well. (I miss my kids baby chowling time) Now they are big and stubborn, LOL.
Judy you have such a beatiful family of furry ones, LOL!
I am so glad they are getting on so well.
Cheeky baggage? Do you know any chow girl who isn't?? I don't, LOL!
Mia
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

As you say, all chow girls are baggages!!

Matilda is from the Rendel Chows in Manchester. The litter is beautiful and there were just the three little girls. Their mother is such a sweet girl and loved her babies.

Matilda met the Refuse Collectors this morning and they all thought she was beautiful and she watched them emptying our wheelie-bins with great interest. :lol: