ABC news...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sara & Frank
Rank 0
Rank 0

ABC news...

Post by Sara & Frank »

I was saddened yesterday while watching the ABC evening news when a story about the weather in the Midwest showed a poor chow chained to a pole in front of a home that had been demolished in the background. I cannot understand why people choose to get pets and then treat them so inhumanly. It's just so damn depressing. If I lived in Kentucky I think I would have been driving around looking for that poor dog.
The video is on ABC news under "More bad weather for Midwest"
http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=storms&type=
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: ABC news...

Post by Dogdad »

That is so sad, I don't consider Kentucky the mid west more like the south , regardless it is sadd
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I would give them the benifit of the doubt and hope that they are injured or hospitalized or they were away from home when the storm hit and either have not made it home or the area has been shut off. But if not they need a good beating leaving that poor baby out there like that!!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Poor baby looks very confused out there...... I'm with Red & would give them the benefit of the dought... Looks like they lost everything except their Chow, if I had to choose I would be very very thankful if it turned out that way. Things can be replaced, but not my Chows.
I believe the way it goes is Kentucky is still below the Mason Dixon Line so it is still considered the South.

Thanks Sweetpea!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I'm so glad the Chow survived! I hope the family was okay, too. Poor Chow :cry: I hope his family was able to come back and help him.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

It was horrible to watch. That poor chow was obviously terrified.
I hope someone came to take care of him? If I had been the journalist, I couldn't have left him, poor poor baby...
(on a side note, you in the US just have the most crazy weather, all over the country)
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Not really. Some areas have crazy weather some have weather similiar to some areas of europe. I would say most of the U.S. has normal weather but we have pockets of extreme weather!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

What terrible weather conditions. It looks pretty scary. I really hope someone has rescued that poor chow it looks sad and wet.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

redangie24 wrote:Not really. Some areas have crazy weather some have weather similiar to some areas of europe. I would say most of the U.S. has normal weather but we have pockets of extreme weather!
Redangie, just exactly what is normal weather? And where in the US is it found? Because of the relative age of our continent, and the fact that we are between the two major oceans that we actually as a nation have the worst weather on the planet. We have hurricanes and bad storms on the east coast, blizzards and tornadoes in the middle and earthquakes and tidal waves on the west coast. Dry seasons and wind storms that can pop up too. Oh and let's not forget live/dormet volcanoes, swamps and seasonal fires. Yep, the great US; land of every weather condition known to man...ice age anyone? :lol: And most of us wouldn't leave if you paid us....
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!