Foreign Chow bloodlines and pedigrees

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Blondie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Foreign Chow bloodlines and pedigrees

Post by Blondie »

I am curious of your breeding system, do you have a central dog organisation to adminstrate over the pedigrees and kennel holders like we have?

Are there preferred blood lines? Top breeders?

Have you ever come across norther (Finland/Sweden/etc.) chow blood line over there? Import chow perhaps?

We have this Kennelliitto, which upholds registers of all pure bred dogs. Also diseases and faults are documented. It is very easy to follow your chow´s blood line to the few first individuals that started chows here in Finland.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I think in the US its supposed to be like that, Everything documented from birth but there's not enough people or money to enforce it so it's pretty much anything goes. I just posted an Illinois law that bloodline, owners and any health problems are supposed to be documented but I doubt very much it is.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Jeff&Peks wrote:I think in the US its supposed to be like that, Everything documented from birth but there's not enough people or money to enforce it so it's pretty much anything goes. I just posted an Illinois law that bloodline, owners and any health problems are supposed to be documented but I doubt very much it is.
It's not enforced Jeff. I meant to thank you for posting that also. Illinois has the breeder regulations, but if you don't have a registered kennel, the laws do nothing. Like with Koda's breeder. She's a BYB and if Illinois won't enforce anything for the registered kennel owners, the BYB's have it made with what they can get away with. I'll never know what happened with Koda or what they did (or didn't do with him) to make him like he is. I do know he came to me with alot of problems, but with a lot of love (and money... LOL) those problems are being taken care of. I feel that a complete history (health and other wise) should be be a regulation for every puppy that is sold... registered kennel or BYB.
Nancy and Tai