Taking care of one another

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Mr. N's ear infection is slowly getting better but he still has a couple of outer ear scabs where he had been scratching. This evening, while I was petting Mr. N, Shiloh nuzzled up to Mr. N's ear and began to lick it. Mr. N was very cooperative and seemed to appreciate Shiloh's nursing. We found it very interesting and enjoyed that Shiloh was being motherly and Mr. N was accepting the care giving.
It was very touching to watch.

Karen
Deanna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Deanna »

Isn't it cute when they care for each other. Tika would get ear infections as well and when our cat would realize this he would also clean her ears. Our cat Shadow would sit on our lap while Tika was at our feet. He would reach to pull her ear to him, she would rest her head on our lap and he would clean her.

They loved each other so much. It was adorable.

Deanna
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I think it is wonderful when they look after each other. When Hector, Rhiannon's Schnauzer and Isabelle's cat Harry lived with us, they would both wash Milly and Mabel's eyes.
Even now, when Hector visits, he says hello to us all then gets down to washing M & M's eyes. He does a better job than I do!
When we had our Great Dane Lizzie, we also had a tortoiseshell cat called Bobbie and she would actually pin Lizzie down and wash her entire face. Lizzie was a big Dane and it would take Bobbie ages to wash her face all over, including her ears.
When Milly and Mabel have a hotspot, they will help each other with the washing of it. They hate the other to have a problem.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Shan&Kayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Shan&Kayla »

It's so sweet when they do that! One of my kitties (cheese nips) likes to groom Kayla...can you say Hairball treatment? lol.