Terrible Terrier

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Terrible Terrier

Post by TJordan »

So down the street this summer a family got a new terrier. It is tiny maybe 5 lbs. But if you know the dispostion of a terrier, he thinks he is 50lbs. 8)

So Butters and I are walking down the street when this tiny terrible terrier comes charging down the street at us full speed ahead. Barking and raising cane. LOL. Butters isn't sure what it is and cocks his head to side with the quizzical look in his face. :roll: The terrier keeps charging and Butters finally has enough, stops turns around, stomps one paw in his direction and gives a nice deep bark =; . The terrier runs tail between legs all the way home. But did he learn his lesson???? NO

Yesterday we were walking down the street and here comes the terrible terrier. This time he is leaping and zooming trying to catch some of Butters fur. He was getting awfully close when Butters lost his cool 8) . He again gave the cocked head, looked at me (as if to say what the crap?) LOL. The next time the terrier came in for the kill Butters was ready, he gave the stomp (very effective) LOL , then he gave the mean I am a monster air bite (ya know the overly big mouth movement to show how big his mouth really is) LOL And he finished it all with the meanest growl I think I have ever heard. It was low and really kinda creepy :twisted: The terrier actually peed where he stood. Then tucked his tail and ran back to his house.

Only time will tell if he is done with his challenge!!!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Terrible Terrier

Post by Laura »

:lol: Oh how funny! Good job Butters! I have dealt with plenty of little yappers charging us. I am just afraid my two may decide to defend rather then warn and one bite it would all be over for the various poms, weenie dogs, and chihuahua's! :shock: It hasn't happened in awhile but these two are grown now and it keeps me constantly stressed on walks. That and the suidical cats around here. :evil: Glad Butters didn't eat the little critter!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Yip I know what you mean about suicidal cats. We have them by the truck loads. Crazy critters. He doesn't really want to eat this terrier like he does cats and squirrels. I think he just wants to show him who really is the big dog on the block!!! LOL He almost seems amused by this persistance!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Let me guess the rest, The owner of the terrior is standing a block away laughing and yelling, "its OK my dog is friendly"

I love it when I yell back," thats great, my Chow isn't frienly" love the way they come running all panicing.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Actually the owner never shows themselves. Although I know who it belongs to they certainly don't run out and try to save it!!! /:) I figured when they heard that growl they would come runnin' but nope. Quality pet owners!!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL Butters, Kyra had the same reaction when a friend brought her Pom over & the lil' thing got all ugly with her at HER house mind you.....Kyra puffed up and stomped her paw and I grabbed her by the main.....I swear she had the WHAT!!! WHAT did you say??? :twisted: Look on her face :lol: :lol: I think those lil' breeds HAVE NO IDEA, they are LITTLE!!! My guess, is the Terrier will be back for more....Good Boy, Butters for not eatin' the lil' Bully =D= I hear Terriers are hardheaded #-o Yes, Quality Dog Owners :roll:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

LMAO Butters & Jeff
ImageImageImage
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

:lol: :lol: :lol: and =D= =D= =D= for Butters!! I can't stand terriers. Yappy little mutts.

Someone told me a few years ago or i read somewhere that small dogs and dogs in general don't have the same perception of size that we do. Hence little dogs don't realise they are little that's why they'll go rushing up to bigger dogs all ready for a scrap!! :?:

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

My best friends Mom has a Great Dane and my best friend has a Chawawaaaa sp ( I don't know WHY but I can never remember how to spell that)she takes the Chawawaa to her Moms and the lil' thang makes the Great Dane WAIT to eat out her own bowl....snarls and Grrrr's at the Great Dane who keeps her tail between her legs :shock: Funniest thing I have ever seen.....that GIANT DOG being bullied by that lil' bitty yapper :lol: :lol: No way they know size :lol: :lol: Whats hysterical is the Great Dane could wag her tail and send the yapper flyin' :lol: :lol: Kinda like a horse swattin' a fly with its tail :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Tonight the terrible terrier was on his porch in his crate. This is new as I have never seen him confined in any matter. I wanted to go over and let Butters pp on the crate but DH wouldn't let us!!! LOL /:)
SweetPea Rocks!!
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

BAHAHA!!!

I LOVE BUTTERS!!!!!!!!
It is true the smallest things are always so mean and confused at best. Gab has been attacked several times at the dog park by those yappers!! I wish she would show them who is boss :twisted: ... but we don't know how to growl or bite for that matter (again.. wondering if she has any chow in her LOL) and we only bark at critters when they are far away. However i don't even think she can feel it through the fur, she just goes on her way with the yapper attacking.
ImageImage