mr bigz gets snipped

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

mr bigz gets snipped

Post by janet »

evening all. well, tomorrow is the big day. mr bigz goes in for his neutering/hernia removal at 830 am. of course i am a nervous wreck. i just get so worried with the anesthesia. i feel bad cause he cant drink or eat anything tonight. i already packed some of his food to bring to the hospital. he has to stay overnight, and i want him to have his food ONLY when he is allowed to eat.god only knows what they feed them in there. i remeber when luna went, i freaked when i found out they fed her their food.
anyway, keep him in your prayers please.
i'll keep ya'll posted.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: mr bigz gets snipped

Post by ChowLady »

Hope all goes well for Mr Bigz with the operation and your both in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on how he goes.
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I'll be thinking about Mr. Bigz. Give him a huge hug from me when he gets home. Will he be staying overnight? Is that why they feed him there? I'm glad he got to take his own food. Try to have a good day, do somthing relaxing to pass the time. He'll be home before you know it. And hugs to you too Janet!!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Awwww poor fellow. I am sure he will be just fine! It's so nerve wracking and worrisome for us though!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

David
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

AWWW poor Bigz, Butters sends his regrets!! Hope he heals soon
SweetPea Rocks!!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Sounds like a reason to buy Mr Bigz a new toy! He'll be back to his sweet self before you know it. You better take care of yourself...I think these surgeries are harder on us than the Chows.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Mr Bigz is gonna be fine and it will be over before you know it. Boys are much easier :wink: Kearra & Kyra said to give him BIGZ HUGS from them [:D] And from me too!!!
I hate when they make them spend the night :evil: Maybe check back late in the afternoon and perhaps they might change their mind....worth a try. Do something to distract yourself maybe a manny,petty, and a nice glass of wine :wink:
Please let us know when you know something,ok??

Thanks Sweetpea!
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

The chowkidz send hugs to Mr. bigz. I agree with everyone else that it is harder on us. When Nanook went for his snip his daddy had them call him when he was out of surgery and he went right to the vets and was in the cage w/ Nanook when he woke up.
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I hope Mr. Bigz is doing well. Best wishes for a quick recovery!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

I will be thinking of Mr. Bigz -- I always worried when my babies had to undergo anesthesia so I understand your nervousness. I will say a prayer and look for an update tomorrow. Sending hugs and kisses to Mr. Bigz
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

How's Mr Bigz?

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I'm starting to worry, I hope everything is alright??? How's Mr Bigz doing???

Thanks Sweetpea!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Miss Janet! How is Mr. Bigzie??
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I thought for sure Janet would have posted by now.....OK I'm worried.....anyone heard from her???
Janet...is everything alright???

Thanks Sweetpea!
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

hey all. thank you for all your care and concern. m'boy mr bigz is doing great. did i tell ya how much i love him in the last 5 minutes???? lol.
i picked him up around noon.
we got there yesterday morning around 9 am and there was a packed waiting room.being that they are low cost i knew it would be crowded.some small minded new yawkas dont get this, and of course they were very impatient. me, my son and mr bigz sat quietly and patiently and waited our turn. biggie made me so proud. he just sat there and watched everyone around him come and go without a peep. when it was his turn to go in the exam room i got a little nervous.but again, m'boy was amazingly well behaved. even the vet on call was shocked. he was in biggies face pettin him and huggin him. he sat like a champ through the temperature takin and the heartworm test.even the injection they gave him for pain (for after the surgery). i immediately thought he was gonna make me muzzle him when we got in the room, and he said " he's such a good boy, i dont need to muzzle him". never met him before in his life. needless to say i liked this guy right off the bat.
he asked about vaccines and i said we'll just take rabies for 50 alex.lol.
he didnt have a problem with that. i told him about the previous ingual hernia diagnosis and he laid him on his side to get a better feel ( I muzzled him for that) and he said that he didnt feel one but the surgeon will look for it while he was in surgery. he fully informed me about the anesthesia cause i told him how luna had reacted and he said not to worry they use iso and it wears off very quickly.he said that he thought luna probably had a reaction to the pain meds and not the anesthesia.
anyway, i cried when we left of course. they called around 3 oclock and told me he was out of surgery and he was doing fine. i asked how bad his hernia was and guess what, he didnt have one according to the surgeon. i asked if he was sure and he said he didnt see one at all.
very weird. they said i could have picked him up when they called, but i made arrangements to work last night cause they told me he'd probably be staying overnight if they had to remove the hernia .
lil miss luna was lost without her lil bro all night. i just kept tellin her, he'll be back soon dont worry.
(she got extra ice cubes and treats)
so i picked him up, and when i got there the man behind the desk says, "your gonna have to come in the back and get him out of the crate, cause he obviously is crate aggressive". me and my son look at each other and say, "duh, hes never been in a crate before". so they tske us in the room with all the crated dogs AND cats, and im lookin for biggie. hes not in a crate. they have him in a big stall with a gated door with two big bolts on it. as soon as he saw us he went nuts tail waggin, cryin the whole bit. i said to the tech " did you think you were containing a lion or tiger?" lol. it took two people to unbolt the door.lol. he was jumpin around like crazy. i cried again.
they said he ate all his food that i sent(biggie will never miss a meal,LOL)
he even ate when he came home. and no joke drank about a gallon of water.
hes resting right now, i just have to make sure he doesnt lick his incision, which is very hard to do. they sold me an e-collar. but stupid me didnt think to try it on him there, and it is too small. so, i have a pair of boxers on him to try and deter him. i will try and take some pics of him with them cause it is quite amusing.(Shhhh dont tell him).

sorry this is so long, and thanks again for keepin us in all of your prayers.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

oh i almost forgot, mr bigz is alot lighter thsn i thought he was. he weighs 50.9 lbs. it lowered the neutering price by 20 bucks. total cost with rabies shot ,exam, and heartworm test-83.00.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Awww what a good boy! I'm so glad you posted. I sneaked a peek at the board today when I was at work so I could see if you'd posted. I'm always a nervous wreck when I take my babies to the vet and I cry too if I have to leave them. I saw the saddest/sweetest thing when I was leaving Tod to get neutered...a little old lady was leaving her little dog and before she would relinquish the dog, she held the dogs head in her hands while the vet tech held him and said a little prayer for his safe surgery. I still tear up thinking about it. :cry:
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh good I am glad he is ok! I thought we were going to have to get a posse together and come track you down in New Yawk! hehe :lol:
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

thanks phyllis, thanks laura.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

So glad to hear all is well with Mr Bigz. What a good boy he was. Healing prayers to you all.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Glad MR Bigz is doing so well.I thought about him and you today. Great NEWS!!
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...