Another ruined thread....

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Another ruined thread....

Post by Red Dragon »

This was a thread about the health problems of your dogs, but as you can see the usual chatter boxes with nothing useful to contribute ruined it. Below is the question I asked and had one person that contributed, thank you Jacqui.

OK, how about everyone list what is wrong with your Chow and tell whether or not the parents were tested and certified clear of the condition before the breeder did the breeding. Did the breeder stand behind their bad breeding?

We don't need to hear all the "I'm Sorries" either, keep it to the point of the subject and people just list their dogs conditions and whether or not the parents were tested and CERTIFIED.
Last edited by Red Dragon on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Auddymay

Re: List your dogs health problems.....

Post by Auddymay »

Lily is 3 years old. BYB...no health checks. To date, no problems.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Tippsy is 8 years old. From a BYB and hasn't had any health issues.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Are you two blind? I said list your dogs health problems and tell about the parents and the breeder.
Sam

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Well, seeing as I know nothing about Tippsy's parents kinda hard to tell anything.
Jess
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

That's kind of a stupid question when most of the "CHOWS" on this site come from shelters or rescues and they have no way of knowing. Since you said dogs, the German Shepard up the street has a cold and its AKC'd
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Here we go again, the idiots are going to load up another thread with total BS. You people wouldn't get it if it was drove in your heads with a sledge hammer!
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote:Here we go again, the idiots are going to load up another thread with total BS. You people wouldn't get it if it was drove in your heads with a sledge hammer!
The only BS I see is coming from you...I didn't know guys had monthly problems, I think Midol helps, thats what i'm always being told to pick up at CVS.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff, I don't recall asking about mens menstrual problems, nor mixes, nor ask if your dog was healthy, nor ask for your idiotic posts that ruin another thread. The topic was simple for most inteligent people, I am sorry there is so much confusion for some! :roll:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Ok Pekoe and Onyx both rescues, No problems. Pekoe is going in tomorrow for a wart removal does that count?. Do AKC Chows get eye lid warts?

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Red Dragon wrote:Are you two blind? I said list your dogs health problems and tell about the parents and the breeder.
To quote a line from a John Grisholm novel (he's from the south, like you Sam. Only he's from Mississippi...) "You must be stupid, stupid, stupid!"

Actually, Sam...this was what we were responding to...
Red Dragon wrote: OK, how about everyone list what is wrong with your Chow and tell whether or not the parents were tested and certified clear of the condition before the breeder did the breeding. Did the breeder stand behind their bad breeding?

We don't need to hear all the "I'm Sorries" either, keep it to the point of the subject and people just list their dogs conditions and whether or not the parents were tested and CERTIFIED.
I may be slightly sight impaired, so could you highlight the part about the breeding line?
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

As usual, it's just a bunch of noise and chatter on here. People might actually learn something if it wasn't for all the needless posts in a serious thread. I give up, the idiots win! #-o
Sam

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

where do I start ? I've had 6 chows in 23 yrs and not one has been healthy.
1st-Chang,both parents were show dogs and I don't think health checks were going on back then.
ACL,skin & allergy problems.died at 10 yrs 4 months
2nd -Jade,from a very well known breeder,both parents were Champions.
hypothyriodism,laxating patella,heart mumur,died at 7 yrs old from stomach cancer
3rd -Tiko,BYB, no health checks
ACL at 8 months old,allergies,IBD,auto-immune problems,Elbow Dysplacia.died at 10yrs 9 months from bone cancer
4th -Chyna-both parents had health checks from a good breeder
allergies,hypothyroid,severe auto immune problemsstill with me
5th -Kito- from a very well Known breeder,both parents had health checks
Pulmonic Stenosis-severe,died after heart surgery at 16 months old
6th Kai -1st shelter chowbaby
Elbow & Hip dysplacia-needs hip replacements within 1-2 yrs
now if thats not enough I'm sure theres more but I can't remember everything :(
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sam, don't go getting all uppity. You asked for specific (though general) things and you got honest replies from Jess and myself. If it was not the obvious result you are looking for, oh well. Maybe the facts won't support your theory; learn that not all things are black and white, and darn it, sometimes you get healthy animals from less than ideal breeders.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Sam, I just reread your question.
the breeders did NOT want to hear about the health problems.Chynas breeder even accused me of making up her health problems.he has offered to take her back but made it clear he would never give her any medication,not even for her thyroid.plus I would never send anyone back.EVER :!:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Red Dragon wrote:Here we go again, the idiots are going to load up another thread with total BS. You people wouldn't get it if it was drove in your heads with a sledge hammer!
I read your rants, and let's face it, it is very obvious that you just want to start trouble.

When you read the initial replies why couldn't you have replied with some sense, rather than become abusive?

Maybe you could have explained yourself a little clearer? Been a little nicer?

I have zero tolerance for someone talking to anyone that way, especially to a woman.

This is really getting old Sam...I'm ASKING...give it up...Please!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

jacqui wrote:where do I start ? I've had 6 chows in 23 yrs and not one has been healthy.
1st-Chang,both parents were show dogs and I don't think health checks were going on back then.
ACL,skin & allergy problems.died at 10 yrs 4 months
2nd -Jade,from a very well known breeder,both parents were Champions.
hypothyriodism,laxating patella,heart mumur,died at 7 yrs old from stomach cancer
3rd -Tiko,BYB, no health checks
ACL at 8 months old,allergies,IBD,auto-immune problems,Elbow Dysplacia.died at 10yrs 9 months from bone cancer
4th -Chyna-both parents had health checks from a good breeder
allergies,hypothyroid,severe auto immune problemsstill with me
5th -Kito- from a very well Known breeder,both parents had health checks
Pulmonic Stenosis-severe,died after heart surgery at 16 months old
6th Kai -1st shelter chowbaby
Elbow & Hip dysplacia-needs hip replacements within 1-2 yrs
now if thats not enough I'm sure theres more but I can't remember everything :(
The question is, were both parents checked and certified clear of the problems your dogs had? This can be found on the OFA site, or CERF site for the eyes.
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Theo wrote:
I read your rants, and let's face it, it is very obvious that you just want to start trouble.

When you read the initial replies why couldn't you have replied with some sense, rather than become abusive?

I have zero tolerance for someone talking to anyone that way, especially to a woman.

Yes, this is getting very old, I wouldn't have to say anything if people would just read or maybe people like yourself just can't comprehend what is said? More chatter! Nothing useful was said in your post, you just took up more space, one of the reasons I rant! :roll:
Sam

Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Red Dragon wrote:
Theo wrote:

Yes, this is getting very old, I wouldn't have to say anything if people would just read or maybe people like yourself just can't comprehend what is said? More chatter! Nothing useful was said in your post, you just took up more space, one of the reasons I rant! :roll:
Oh, I comprehended what you said Sam...It sounds like you didn't comprehend what I said, but I'm not going to call you names...Again, it is your rude responses that cause these issues.

A simple "MY APOLOGIES...YOU MUST NOT HAVE UNDERSTOOD MY POST" would have sufficed. Or...how about responding "do you know anything about the parents or breeder?"
Instead your reply "Are you two blind? I said list your dogs health problems and tell about the parents and the breeder."

I usually sit back and read the arguments and shake my head and keep my thoughts to myself.
I said what I wanted to say, but I'm not wasting anymore space or time, it's very clear that it's useless.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Yes, it is very clear it's a useless battle, you just wasted more space and contributed nothing to the topic! :roll:
Sam

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

This is all I'm gonna say.

If it ain't gonna kill you, get OVER it!
Jess
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Another ruined thread....

Post by Red Dragon »

More useless chatter! :roll: The internet would be a great place for people to learn something if it wasn't for all the chatter boxes with nothing useful to contribute!
Sam

bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellabear27 »

who are you supposed to be anyway? if you have nothing to say to people that of any aid, then why say anything at all? you are twice as bad as the people you say "idiots" and it's obvious you care more about putting people down and causing trouble then actually helping people with their problems.

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

The most useful thing I learned on the internet is that some people think they can just run their mouth because nobody wil punch their lights out.
If your mother tried to teach you to always be polite,she failed miserably!!!
After wasting more space:
My girls were rescues ,one of them had entropion and the other one is fine,sofar.
If I shouldn't have posted that beacuse I can't name the breeder and check for health certifications ,beg your forgiveness \:D/
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

This would be much better if people were not so nasty and more understanding of others, I have noticed now on several occasions that you are rude to others.
I see no need for this sort of behaviour from you towards others when all they do is add general comments.
As for my Chows the only problems that I really have is the hot spots, which a lot get. All my chows parents are from good healthy stock and vet checked etc.
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .