A CHOW RESCUE MAY BE FACING FELONY ANIMAL CRUELTY

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

mina
Rank 0
Rank 0

A CHOW RESCUE MAY BE FACING FELONY ANIMAL CRUELTY

Post by mina »

I feel that all of us chow parents need to read & see the pics on a chow chow rescue & transport in Southern California, may be facing felony animal cruelty charges.

Click on this website:
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/13689/CA/US/RSS/
Mina
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: A CHOW RESCUE MAY BE FACING FELONY ANIMAL CRUELTY

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Where did you read it was a Rescue and Transport, all I read is they are Horders, this situation is a typical Horder story. Horders do rescue usally off the street and then keep the animals, they usally don't adopt out or transport. Horders usally have good intentions but as usal it backs up on them. to them they are doing nothing wrong becouse to them they are saving the animals life. In most case's they have some mental issues going on also. I think thats what Jennifer and I ran into when we stoled that Chow from the Lady. She had a lot of dogs running around mostly large breed but had no intenions of adopting them out. the place was farly clean and all the dogs looked well feed and taken care of but that was alot of dog living on the property. I forget what jenfer named the Chow but when we Chow napped it, it was druggged, the lady kept it druged the whole time she had it.

I would like to keep tabs on that Chow but from the looks of him they willl probably put him down.

I wonder if it this is the same place, if it is then i'm wrong it is a rescue and transport but the Chows they show all look fine and Healty

http://www.1-800-save-a-pet.com/adoptio ... 72001.html
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
mina
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mina »

Jeff,
at the end of the article, bottom of the page at this website:
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/13689/CA/US/RSS/
It says it's under investigation & that they may be facing felony animal cruelty charges.
I just ran across this article tonite & thought I post it & see if anyone on this forum knows anything about this & maybe check into it.

Mina
Mina
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

It says at the bottom "According to animal control officers, it appears that the animals were acquired by Southern California Chow Chow Rescue and Transport"

It says the animals were acquired by the rescue, does that mean they took them in to save them or they are the ones that abused them, I have never heard of Them but from their website they look like a large Chow rescue..If anyone is avoiding the article becouse of the picture warnings the pictures are bad but i have posted worse.

I looked all over the place, San Diego news, LA news, nothing. The news Channel I listen to is usually all over dog abuse stories especially in the area, nothing on there either. That's weird, Santee must want it kept quiet.

But it does say the Chows are being treated and cared for in bonita, where ever that is.

http://www.sddac.com/euthanasia_policy.asp

Even the shelters in the area and whare they are isn't saying anything. This is Bush tactics.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

Post by Guest »

They have been pulled from all the sites. That is a mess. See why you grab the ones you can when people come on the site looking for a home for their Chow?
guest2

Post by guest2 »

This person was a foster for Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills. The CEO of Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills has pulled most of the chows.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

How could something like this have happened, do they not check out the people they allow to foster the Chows? That place didn't get like that overnight, and that one dog was not cared for at all.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Sam

LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

The larger an organization gets, more chances of bad apples. I think it is a good, responsible move from the good organization to get the chows back to the environment it deserves. Mind you, it is publicity/damage control as well, but, let's face it, rescue or not, no one is perfect. The best we can do is to strive for the best as best as we can. So, there, no finger pointing/wagging nor no holier than attitude needed.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

And another. http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer- ... 93218.html

Does anybody know what is going on with this place, are they taking application fees or something like that and not allowing people to have the dogs? Anyone know what the story is?
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Adopt a chow LA is in on it, finding homes as well as a few others. The Chows are all at:

San Diego County
5821 Sweetwater Road, Bonita, CA 91902
phone: (619) 236-4250
(619) 236-4250

Or San Diego Animal shelter for info.

Every rescue I called this morning in LA for Berkely the Chow is swamped becouse of this San Diego thing. So I'm sure all the CA chow rescues are going to be over filled.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Someone on another list tried to contact Sierra Foothills Rescue and the number has been disconnected. This sounds like a job for Jeff and Peks, a little detective work maybe? Anyone know what is going on with all these dogs and this rescue?
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I'm lost, who are the Bad guys Southern California Chow Chow Rescue and Transport or Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills? One I have heard of the other never heard of them.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Don't know, it's starting to look like both. Foothills placed the dogs in the foster home from what I understand. Here is something I got a little bit ago. This whole thing is very odd, and Foothills has changed their name to Mystery Mutts, plus all of the old stuff under Foothills was shut down, phone disconnected and all.

----- Original Message -----
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:10 PM
Subject: Now Mystery Mutts-CA-Santee (San Diego) Chows and others in NEED Santee, CA Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills dogs taken

Apologies... resending with new contact information. Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills has now renamed itself Mystery Mutts and may be contacted at Tim/Lauren Rossovich uscmcrosso@hotmail.com or 530-432-2778

Mystery Mutts in Grass Valley, CA!
Chows Plus + wrote:
Please Cross Post!!! Foster homes and adopters needed.

Lisa D., a foster with Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills had 26 dogs taken from horrible conditions, most of the dogs were pulled by Lauren Rossovich. See story below. Lauren Rossovich, CEO of Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills in Grass Valley, CA. could not be reached for comments, their website http://www.chowchowrescue.org has been disabled and all of their accounts on petfinder and 1-800-save-a-pet have have had their dogs available for adoption deleted.

Call 530-277-0476 or email Joanscocci@aol.com and/or rescues@chowsplus.org if you can foster one or more of these dogs. We are still waiting to hear from the DA in San Diego when they will be available for adoption.

Chows Plus

news

E-Mail News Alerts
Get breaking news, daily headlines and more.

More

Images: 26 Animals Rescued From Squalid Home (WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGES)

26 Animals Rescued From Squalid Home

POSTED: 2:25 pm PDT April 28, 2008
UPDATED: 6:19 pm PDT April 28, 2008

SANTEE, Calif. -- Dogs, a cat, a tortoise and other animals are taken from an East County home after being found in a home filled with feces and debris, according to county animal control officers.

View Images (WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGES)

The pets were found Saturday when the Department of Animal Services served a search warrant at a house on Prospect Avenue in Santee. Inside officers said they found a menagerie filled with 23 dogs a tortoise, a skunk, a cat and a macaw. One dead bird was also found inside.IBSYS.ad.AdManager.registerPosition({"iframe":

Most of the dogs were tied up on short leads inside the house, which had become tangled, officers said. Only one of the 23 dogs had access to water and there was no food, according to officials. Debris inside the rooms were said to be 2-feet deep.

Animal control described the smell inside the home as being "so foul" that officers wore masks and paper suits to protect themselves from the filth.

"This is clearly among the worst hoarding situations we have come across recently," said John Carlson, deputy director of the Department of Animal Services.

A tip from a concerned citizen led officers to the home. Officers said they rescued a dog last week that was not receiving appropriate veterinary care.

The animals are now in the custody of Animal Services at its shelter in Bonita, where they have been examined by veterinarians and are receiving care.

According to animal control officers, it appears that the animals were acquired by Southern California Chow Chow Rescue and Transport, an animal rescue group, based in Santee. No arrests have been made, however a person of interest is being investigated in connection with the case, Carlson said. That person could face felony animal cruelty charges.

The case will be submitted to the District Attorney’s Office, according to officials.

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karl Cobler
http://www.ChowsPlus.org

Chows Plus +
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I got the same e-mail thats why i'm confused with who is who.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Seperate rescues, but apparently working together. Question is, why did the same person and CEO of Foothills change their name to Mystery Mutts? Way too many complaints?
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote:Seperate rescues, but apparently working together. Question is, why did the same person and CEO of Foothills change their name to Mystery Mutts? Way too many complaints?
Mystery Mutts? what kind of dumb name is that sounds like they don't know what the breeds are so you guess or give them a breed name when you adopt them and what does a mystery mutt have to do with a Chow.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

That whole thing stinks really bad, and not just because of the conditions in the house! :shock:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Whats confusing me is one rescue is way south and the other is way north with LA in between so I can't see how the two got together. Plus there are a few people on here that got Chows from Sierra, be nice to know who is who.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Looks like Sierra sent the dogs to the pig swaller. Now Sierra is changing their name. DA has custody of the dogs. I would call the DA and ask questions. One of the complaints about Sierra that I saw said they took money from over 560 people and gave them no dog, I would ask the DA about that specifically. :roll:
Sam

mina
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mina »

WOW!! I'm with Jeff, confused & don't understand.
HHmmm! I wonder if these Chows may have been some of the one's that those people paid rescue but didn't get there dog(Chow). I really don't know, I'm just saying. It just seems weird that they are all the way down South. Why so far away from rescue?
Mina
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am fostering Fozzie through Sierra Foothills but I have not heard from them since last December. I was not aware of any of this but I guess this is why I haven't heard from them. I do know that they always had the mystery mutts rescue along with another rescue, wee wonders, for small dogs. I was confused because their Chow Chow website is gone and I have been unable to pull up the mystery mutts website as well. I am not sure what this all means for Fozzie........
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

i guess the scoop is Sirrea foothills isn't the bad guys San diego was allowed to pull Chows under Sierra's nuumber but Chows were being pulled with out Sierra's knowledge so becouse of this Sierra is considered responsible for the Chows thats why all the website pulls, I guess its all in legal matters now.

Before this all gets carried away it best to not to spread rumors untill people really know who is who and whats going on.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Thu May 01, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

That makes a little more sense to me Jeff. I guess we will all have just have to wait and see how this plays out.
mina
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mina »

Since the day I found this article & posted it, I've been searching thru my files because, I had a rescue from up North that helped me out with my six pups that my Negra had about a year & 1\2 ago. Today, I found that the Sierra Foothill Chow Rescue is/was the rescue that my six pups were adopted out thru. They were good, helpful & placed all my 6 pups in goods homes.
See pics of my pups in the photo gallary under "My Negra's puppies."
Mina