DooWapppppppp

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sydney
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sydney »

SORRY, I didn't know I was signed on as GUEST. I did sign my name at the bottom.

It's late and I see I spoiled the fun that several of you were having. Sorry about that.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Goodnight all I better go before. My homework is done and I no longer have an excuse to linger here!! See y'all later.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

[quote="redangie24]Now have you posted pictures of your pups? If yes where are they I forget I think you did maybe not... If not hop on it your behind.[/quote]

Yeah.. I wanna see them too.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Oh well Jeff....I guess that I am the "bad boy" for a change! But then again...I am very opinionated and I "ain't changing for no one nowhere no ways!"
Think I just should have stuck to "the Condition I was in!"

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

Sydney, thank you for sharing your story and for how you presented your opinion. We are looking forward to see pictures of your dogs. Hang around this forum.
Mishka and his family

For your eyes only

Post by Guest »

Sorry Jeff that you THINK you seem to know me! I am glad this site allows "Freedom of Speech"! If i was trying to win a popularity contest, for one it would not be with you or this site,k??? Oh, and please feel free NOT to look for a Chow for me,k??? Matter of fact, i can't remember asking you to! Hmmm! Following so far?? Fun & games , one thing! Not mentioning names, so we don't damage any "sensitive" people out there; I can't believe all the negative things i heard today alone about this site & the wanna be "know it alls" Hmmm!!! To be honest with you i wish i was never involved with some of the F@#$%s on this site, rember this is the right to speak your mind site! Have you walked in my shoes? NO! Do you get my PM's from people? I might be new to this site but i have been around pets my whole life! I think you just like to pretend to wanna help others when they are down just so you can throw it in their face later, soooo sad! Sensitive you say? NO, just prety sick of people's bull@#$t around here! I actually can see the light about some certain being! WOW! Maybe it's time for a new bash Sam thread, ya think?? Cool, too bad i can't comment, i'd rather spend my time looking for my Chow. Imagine not having to come to this site to do it, OMG! I think it is meds. night :lol: Yuo can thank me later that i have freed you to go help some other poor "sensitive soul" Hey, ya never know? Maybe him/her will win the "popularity" contest!!!!!!!!!!!

Chow 4 now :wink: :wink:

Post by Guest »

Is this what Jerry Sinfiel refers to as Bizzaro world. Unbelievable. Your way off on that one but no problem.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

That last was my post.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I know I haven't been posting alot... we are still grieving the loss of Koda. But I have been keeping up on the boards daily and I just feel like I need to add my 2 cents in, for whatever it's worth.
The entire situation pertaining to Khon was heartbreaking. There were 2 families that loved Khon and wanted what they felt was best for him, and also 2 families who are heartbroken and grieving right now. Believe me, only those who have gone through the anguish of loosing a chow know how it feels. No one knows exactly what happened and why it happened. Not Luana, not the vet, not anyone. Anyone can speculate as to what happened, but at this point, no ones knows for sure what happened. The only thing that is for sure is that Khon is gone and 2 families are hurting.
This is a forum, there are alot of members. Not everyone is going to agree 100% of the time. God only knows how many times I have disagreed with a couple of people on this site and voiced my opinion. This is what makes this a forum. I would not have voted to have Luana banned... not that I agreed with what she had done, but because she has a right to voice her opinion just as anyone else does. But there should be a respect for each other, even if we don't always agree. And to hijack a thread like Luana did, with the ugliness she showed was nothing but WRONG. A different thread should have been started and that one left alone. But on the flip side... there were other comments left on that thread that should have never, ever been made. And all that thread did was compound the hurt and grief that 2 families were already feeling. Not just by Luana, but in the downward spiral that entire thread took.
Sydney, I am glad that your experience with Luana was a good one, not only for both you and Luana, but also for the 2 chows that you adopted from her. Those 2 chows are the real winners in all of it. They have their forever homes with you. But no one has the right to compound the hurt and grief that a family (or in this case 2 families) are going through by hijacking a thread the way Luana did and saying the mean, nasty things that she did. She wasn't there, she had absolutely no idea of what all of the exact details were and again, she should have either not said anything, or started a different thread. Does Luana deserve to be banned... in my opinion... NO. I am sure as a rescue person, Luana has a wealth of info that she could contribute to the site if done in the right way with the right attitude.
Thank goodness for the people who run rescues and do rescue work, be it running the rescue itself or doing fostering, or aiding in transportation or financial donations. But is also those rescues who make it next to impossible for those who want to truly want to give a homeless chow a forever home, to get a chow. How many threads have there been lately about rescues and shelters NOT returning phone calls? How many threads have there been of broken hearted people/families turned down because they were in a different state? I know there are reasons for different qualifications... but some of those qualifications are what make it next to impossible for people to get those rescues. Then you wonder why people end up turning to BYB's, puppy mills, or pet stores to finally get a furkid to love and be loved by.
Chris... do you think it makes any difference to me knowing that Steel came from a BYB? I could care less where Steel came from and frankly, it's no one's business. What matters to me is that Steel is well loved and well taken care of NOW. As most of you know, Koda came from a BYB and if I could have my way, I'd probably shoot them for what they did to my boy. Did that make Koda any less important or and less special than any of the other chows owned by someone who belongs on this site? Sam (Red Dragon) breeds show puppies, but as far as I am concerned, his puppies are no more important or special than my Koda was. The day Koda passed, our vet told us Koda was an excellent representation of what the breed could be if handled correctly and that he would be missed. That comment meant the world to me. And he came from a BYB. The ONLY way that BYB's and puppy mills will ever be stopped is by people getting out from in front of their computers and lobbying their Senators and trying to get stricter laws into effect. And in my opinion, as long as rescues make it next to impossible for people to adopt by all of their stringent rules, then they are just pushing people to go get a chow (or any other breed for that matter) else where. Until that happens, if it ever does happen, there will be BYB's and puppy mills with puppies that regardless of what kind of circumstances they were born, who need loving homes. And those people who decided to take those puppies into their lives and their hearts don't deserve to be run into the ground for it. The entire debate will be debated from now til he** freezes over. But the point that I am trying to make in all of this is, everyone deserves to be treated with respect, whether they agree or disagree. We all have the same bond here... the love of the chow breed. That is what needs to be built on instead of fighting and nasty posts and condemnation. The 2 familes involved in Kohn's life did not deserve the added grief and hurt that Luana's hijacked thread caused them. The downhill spiral of that thread towards Luana was also uncalled for. That was just adding fuel to the fire of more hurt and grief for both families. We all need to return to the bond that we all share... the love of our chows and the love of the breed itself. We need to get back to sharing the joy when a new chowling or adult chow is added to our lives, and help share the burden and the grief when one of these furkids has passed. No one understands the joy, the frustration, the happiness and yes, eventually the grief that a chow owner goes through, but another chow owner. That's what it should all be about.
I'm sure there will be people who I have offended by my comments, and to those people I do apologize. I will do a weekly list like Jeff's. :) But as with everyone else who is a member here, I too have a right to voice how I feel and I felt it was time.
Nancy and Tai

chris

Post by chris »

I know you love Steely Wheely and don't care he is from BYB. Neither do I. :D

Hey Nanc... are you getting down off the soap box...? Everyone has had their turn, and it makes all of you taller than me..? :lol:
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

Excellent post Nancy !
I really miss my purple kisses!!! RIP Bear, my bestest friend EVER !!
7-20-2006

Khon,you were taken WAY too early !
Til we meet again, my friend
3-24-2007
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

chris wrote:I know you love Steely Wheely and don't care he is from BYB. Neither do I. :D

Hey Nanc... are you getting down off the soap box...? Everyone has had their turn, and it makes all of you taller than me..? :lol:
Yeah I think I "might" be off my soap box... we shall see. You know how I am once I get started. LOL You bet I love Steely Wheely. And stay tuned Chris... soon there will be another here for you to love who will end up looking like Steely Wheely. :) Looks like I may be taking you up on your offer to ride with for the midwest chowfest after all if there is one. :)
Taller than you? Hahahaha... I will always be taller than you. :)
Nancy and Tai

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

JAYGOW1 wrote:Excellent post Nancy !
Thanks Jay... again, my heart goes out to all of you. Believe me, I understand that grief.
Nancy and Tai

chris

Post by chris »

:shock: NOOO WAAYYYY.... :D You are getting another CHOW ? WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... I'm so excited for you Nancy. Keep us posted. [:D]
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

(my humble 2 cents)

I look at all of you here as part of my family, kindred spirits who are the only ones who really know the love for and by Chows. Only other Chow owners can really understand each other, we are passionate for the breed and other ..well...good Chow owners.

So when one hurts we all hurt, and when somebody attacks one, they attack us all.

No one can hijack a thread by swinging a battle axe of hate and spite and expect to walk away unscathed.

Looks like she can dish it out but can't take it. A passage in the bible sums it up, "for you showed no mercy, you shall receive none".

While she may do help many a Chow, her slanderous, libelous, tone only alienates her from many who could help in the process of helping Chows to a potential forever home.

She is not the Queen of Chows and we are not peons for her to abuse.

I did vote to ban her, and I'd do it again since she cannot get it through her head that she is cruel to others. She has never apologized for her stupid, insensitive, slanderous , and libelous comments.

Edit * sorry this belonged in the Luana thread)
Last edited by Sojourner11 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

*** EDIT*** Pissing contest over. You guys win !!
Last edited by JAYGOW1 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Nancy. Excellent post, Hopefully we can all learn and try our best not to repeat it.

David
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

BYB doggies

Post by zingara_princepessa »

To those smoochie dogs on this site who came from less-than-regal beginnings:

It's not where you START in life, but where you END UP, that counts!!!

:wink:
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

PLEASE PLEASE can you guys stop this now???? :cry: :cry:
This is upseting me soooooo bad, I care about everybody on here and come here for Chow love and friendship and advice, and education. I have stayed out of all of this and intend to stay out of it. I keep accidently reading new posts so I'm trying to keep up with whats going on..........
PLEASE STOP [-o|
Try to let it go, and if you don't like it here or the people on here...........stay home :(
I for one, think everyone here means well.......

It's a Religious Day,,,,,,,,Agree to Disagree and say a prayer and move on with respect, before more hurtful things are said.
PLEASE?????
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

Vics, Happy Palm Sunday!

I tried to shift the topic with my BYB comment, but to no avail. That's what I was trying to do when I made my unfortunate remark about Luana maybe needing a boyfriend, I was trying to LIGHTEN THINGS UP. Boy was THAT a mistake! Every one of these threads reads as though that comment alone should have me before a firing squad! When did we get so puritanical? I didn't mean anything by it. I was trying to change the subject! I've apologized for it any number of times and it keeps coming up. Is there no forgiveness??? Is there now wiggle room for those of us who make a mistake?
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

This site has Christians, Jews, Muslims, heck maybe even a Wiccan or two. What we believe as a faith should never be brought in a conversation in such a negative way. Even if we are hurting, to use a persons faith or physicality to put them down is never, ever the thing to do. Jaygow, please re-phrase your statement about the Jewish faith, you offended me, and I'm not even jewish.

A new puppy, Nancy??? Of course there is going to be a Chowfest. Maybe even 2- one for the east mid-westerners, and one for the west mid-westerners (Darn mid-west is a big place!)
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

*** EDIT*** Pissing contest over. You guys win !!
Last edited by JAYGOW1 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Generally, it is not appropriate to assume someone's religion or disrespect one's path to enlightenment. Remember this is a chow site.

Sydney, incredibly enough, welcome aboard! If anything, Luana brought you and Kiddos to the site. I've really enjoyed Kiddo's photo gallery. He and I share a sad moment in time as both our hearts broke on the same day - August 18, 2006. Please open a photo gallery of your chows and post the link on this link so we can admire them too.

Nancy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

RedA, thanks :)
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Good Morning, Auddymay........
Yes, I want to go to a Chowfest!!! Can we have one during Hurricane Season???? I can run from one to another while running :lol: I can see everybodies Chows and have a place to stop along the way.......Might as well have fun.....Kearra and Lily would love it!!!!
Happy Palm Sunday, or Happy Sunday :D
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

JAYGOW1 wrote:Don't know if the Bible saying will mean much. Not too familiar with what the JEWS belive in.
All the major religions belive in the old testement of the bible. Jewish, Muslim and Christian.

vicster605--"PLEASE PLEASE can you guys stop this now???? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
This is upseting me soooooo bad, I care about everybody on here and come here for Chow love and friendship and advice, and education...Agree to Disagree?"

You got it vicster. Please don't get upset diagreements happen, but all is good. Moving on....
Have a Chowfastic Day!!