M&M's Midnight hunt

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

M&M's Midnight hunt

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Pekoe does that to me all the time, wakes me up in the middle of the night by pouding on the bed with her paw then puts on the show like she needs to go out, Once we get outside all she wanted to do was go cat hunting.
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Sheena also likes chasing cats and also rats. She goes back and forth in the house crying when I refuse to let her out. She doesn't wake me up at night though. She's too busy snoring. :lol:

During the daytime every time she wants to go out - I let her out and then she just waits there - for what I don't know - I go outside walk to the back yard, walk back and then she comes back in. She just walks with me and that's it! She doesn't like being outside very much unless we're going someplace.

Maybe she's telling me she'd like to take a walk. Usually she goes and loudly sniffs her leash and seat harness to let me know she'd like to go for a walk. Maybe this is another way she's telling me - hey you thickheaded human didn't get the sniff of the leash - maybe you'll get this... or maybe I'm reading too much into it. I dunno-duh. But I'm not going to give in - that's for sure. I have her on scheduled walk times - I get too pooped to be doing all this walking!

Oh, I almost forgot...Sheena grabbed the armsleeve of my nightgown and tugged and lifted my arm when she wanted me to get up in the morning after I punched the snooze button. Don't need an alarm with Sheena around anymore. Sometimes that's a good thing for me - I hate having to get up but Sheena makes sure I leave for work on time.

Don't know which is worse Pekoe's pounding with the paw or Sheena's pulling my nightgown but then did I tell you Sheena likes tearing cloth and bath towels? :twisted:
Jennifer & Sheena
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Well Jennifer, M & M don't tear the towels but they pull them down and roll in them - also the face flannels.
When we go to my mother's on a Friday, they go in to say hello to her, then straight through to her bathroom to pull her towels down too. She has got wise to them though and has usually put them out of reach. :D
I don't know about the thumping with a paw - it can wake one up with a start when it happens. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
sixchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sixchows »

Speaking of chasing cats.......

About 2 years ago Xena and Zim were out in the backyard and barking and digging around the base of my shed. Next thing we see them both take off chasing something. So we go out to get them and they won't come but they are barking and a cat is hissing furiously. We find them circling the cat and the cat lyning on the ground just about at the fence. After getting them inside the cat was still there so we went to see if it was hurt. Looked kind of beat up but wasn't bleeding or anything. Looked to have a broken left rear leg as it didn't want to move it. It had a collar with a tag so we called the owner who came about a half hour later, from about 2 blocks away and looked as if we were bothering him. He didn't want to admit that he really didn't care about the cat. Turns out he lives about an hour away but works in the neighborhood. The cat was a family pet until his wife decided she didn't want it in the house anymore so he took it to work and dumped him on the street but forgot about the tag w/cell #.

Anyway all my dogs except OJ will bark whenever someone opens the front gate. This time...not a sound out of them! Like they knew to be quiet and pretend they knew nothing about a cat!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

People can be such dicks. Almost all my childhood pets came from people dumping them 'at the farm'. I'd go outside and there would be some forlorn animal sitting at the door, or worse running in fear. I may not be the world's best pet owner, but my first lessons about how not to treat a loyal companion came at the hands of these careless people.