General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Shepherd person helping a lost chow

Post by IliamnasQuest »

http://tinyurl.com/qm6n7

This girl is on my German shepherd board and has found a chow (Mobile, Alabama). If anyone knows of a rescue group or someone who would take and foster this little guy, please let me know and I'll pass it on to her.

He definitely needs some TLC, the poor guy.

I'm going to go hug my spoiled, healthy little monsters now. They sure don't realize how lucky they have it.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Amber
Rank 0
Rank 0

A rescue I know

Post by Amber »

Hello
My name is Amber my mom is on this bored ngraham56.
I rescued 2 chows a couple of months ago and they went to this lady "Deanna Fuller" she rescues chow chows and chow mixes.
Her e-mail is <katannchow@mchsi.com> she might know of more rescues for chow chows near the girl that has found the male chow.
Thanks Amber
Amber
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Hi Melanie & Amber.

Deanna is in Minnesota and is very knowledgable. She also has many contacts in the rescue oganizations. She has been VERY helpful to me and I'm sure would try to hook you up with someone. I think that she is full right now but knows of people who are not.

And like I always offer... If he needs to make his way up north... I would be happy to be a part of transport!
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Amber
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thanks

Post by Amber »

When I rescued the 2 chow chows a couple months back I called her and she was very helpful in finding them new homes. Which or both doing great and have a loving family.
Amber
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

amber... she actually told me about those two and I almost helped in their trasport! It's so funny... never knew it was you guys! Small world huh?

She wanted to use me to foster them for a little bit but I had that parvo puppy a while back so couldn't take them.

I also actually was going to do a home visit for one of their forever homes but she decided against that family.

Weird. Glad to here they both found great homes.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Amber
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Amber »

Yes she did very well with finding them new homes. I was very impressed. I didn't think they would get put in a home that fast. When my boyfriend and I transported them to Iowa for her they had alot of things they had to do with them before they got put in there forever home. Which I am so happy they both got put in the same home which was what I and my mom were hoping for sence they are brother and have been together sence they were born. I am glad that I and my mom don't have to worry anymore that they are not being taking care of which was all we wanted for them is for someone to take the best of care of them. I am very greatful that there are people out there willing to take in dogs that are not even theres. And I tell her thank you everytime I talk to her. And will be thankful everyday for what she has done for the 2 little guys they deseved a much better place and alot better resources then what they was getting where they used to live.
Amber
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Thanks you guys!

The latest is that she found a local animal rescue group that is helping out with him. Hopefully he will get his eyes checked and be groomed and all that. She's continuing to foster him in the meantime.

I just think it's great that people dedicated to one breed are still so willing to help another. This little chow guy lucked out when he was found by this girl (she's just 15).

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

That has to be one of the saddest sites. Thank goodness Caitlin came along when she did, makes you think about great spirits looking out for lost souls.
I'm available to help transport the big guy in the south Texas area, if needed. Hopefully we'll be updated on his fate from time to time.