Cancer Treatment and imaging center

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Retyped from a news letter I get from The University of Wisconsin.

The School has taken the first step in the process toward a state of the art cancer treatment and imaging center facility at the Veterinary medical teaching Hospital, this past spring the school signed an agreement with the company to purchase a TomoTherapy unit. TomoTherapy is the latest and most promising technology to treat cancer. This new technology, pioneered at University of Wisconsin, combines radiation treatment and a helical CT scanner to pinpoint and treat tumors with much less toxicity.

You can't get any better treatment then some of these Universities and their studies and programs with Cancer and other illness, I would suggest with any serious illness you look at the Universities before you start any treatments. I forget if it was University of Minnesota or Minneapolis that Victory went to but they are doing major studies and treatments on Canine stomach Cancer.

Not only are the Universities much better but the cost is also much better, on some of the treatments or experimental treatments, the cost could be free or small donations.

University of Wisconsin are the ones that treated Pekoe with the new melanoma technology and cancer Vaccine. Pekoes oncologist was treating Pekoe through them.

If you want to donate to something that really Helps and does some good the Universities doing Cancer reaserch need all the donations they can get. (I forgot I donate to UW also)
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage