the donations

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

the donations

Post by jblake334 »

You guys, she just called its really weird? right after I put that up. Asking questions about the donation account and where the money is going. Is it going into my checking account. She sounded really weird like I was hiding money from her and I don't know what to say. I told her the donations are going into a paypal account, not into my checking account and she just didn't sound right. I said some may send you donations by mail, I gave out your address. I am sure she went online and saw the website cause this stupid lady that was trying to help me find a rescue awhile ago emailed me about Chucky and I told her about the website. So, she calls and asked her about grooming and then told her she made a donation and probably the web address.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Want me to call her and talk to her? I was going to call her anyway and tell her People arn't donating just to have her let the chow go to who ever walks threw the door. Or on your next trip I can go with you down there, just let me know when.

Tell her the Chow is being sponserd for her to keep it untill we find a suitable home. Or try this place and if they take her we can just sponser her.

http://www.awishforanimals.org/
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Thu May 17, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I'm not sure what all has transpired here, but if you set up the webpage, Jennifer, I don't see that it is any of her business where the money is going as long as she gets the money you agreed to pay them.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, don't know what all happened.
The donations from here were intended to be for Neesa's needs first. I think that's what most of us intended, anyway.

We want that poor little girl to have a good home.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I just hope she's not getting to care more about getting some money than she is about Neesa.
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

Something sure doesn't sound right with this rescue group. We foster for a lady here and she pays for all medical bills for any dogs that she takes in. She is doing this herself and a lot of the time her fees for the adoption doesn't cover all that she has in vet bills. Plus besides the ones that we can't foster she puts them in a boarding kennel. She even is always trying to buy us some dog food for the ones we foster. We always tell her no, that is just one small way that we can help. So I would like to know why this rescue group is telling you that you have to pay for anything. It sounds like it is a big enough group and they probably get donations. If they needed funds to help pay for Neesa's bills then they should have put something out. Most places around here either put something on their website or do a fund raiser for medical bills on a certain rescue. Is it normal in your area for a rescue group to have someone that is just trying to help to make them pay for anything at all? When a rescue group takes one in this area, they don't make the person that contacted them pay any of the bills.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I agree. When I foster, the rescue pays for all the medical bills. I can put in to be reimbursed for food and other incidentals like leashes and toys, although I haven't. They are a non-profit so I just get a tax deductible receipt for any of my expenses. I also get to participate in who adopts them and get first right of refusal should I want to adopt. Is this rescue a non-profit? If they agreed to take care of her then they should cover her expenses. This rescue sounds almost as odd as the first woman that had her.n What an ordeal for you to go through just to help this poor thing.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Hmmm, you said that you weren't totally happy with what she was saying re adopting her out so soon. Jeff speaking to her, or maybe getting her out again? You're instincts were right before :?
Thank you Elodie!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

It depends on how the paypal account was setup, if it's setup as a straight paypal account, then the money has to be sent to another account at some point, either yours or hers. Since you set it up, it would probably be easier to put it in your account, (if you don't have one then your Dad's) but if she gives you her banking info you can put it in her account.

And I agree that there is no way this chow is ready to be adopted to anyone yet. she needs time to learn to trust again.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jblake334 »

When I talked to her yesterday I have to always ask how is she doing, has she gotten up yet? She doesn't call me to tell me how she is doing, she calls when she heard that this lady donated money through paypal. I asked her again abut the dog, I said did you see the bed I brought in for her. She said yes she peed on it. That makes me think even more that she needs to be fostered. She needs to see other dogs going in and out of the house to use the bathroom. So she can copy. I am sure she doesn't understand what she is supposed to do. I am going to get her.
chris

Post by chris »

Jennifer.. are you going to foster her then?
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

I think the chowling needs lots of attention. So, if you can give it, getting her out of the rescue seems best. Kudos to you Jennifer.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I think the first thing you should do is buy her a collar and get her use to wearing it so you can get her on a leash and get her outside walking. She probably peed on the bed because she won't move from her hidden spot. If this lady isn't working with her to get her up and out this rescue is worthless, It sounds like an old folks home, put her in one spot, give her food and water and that's all that matters.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Ditto with what Jeff said.

Have you got her Jennifer? let us know if there is anything else we can do to help

Layla
Thank you Elodie!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

Jeff, you just confirmed what we think about my daughter's AmStaff/Lab.. Zelda will not go outside, she insists on "doing her business" in the house. She ALSO will pee on her bedding and sleep in it!! She has been to so many foster homes and shelters in her short 6 months. We really think that Zelda didn't get any attention and was left in a crate and she just doesn't know what "outside" is. SO SAD!!

AND, I don't know if it's the Lab part of her but she is such an attention pig!! She will literally crawl in your lap and flip on her back like a baby. YES, as you can see she is well loved NOW. LOL..
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just called A Wish for Life rescue, I think they are the ones that origenaly got Mr Cheeks out of jail. I left them a message with the whole story and told them the Chow will be provided for and that we just need a place where we can come and work with her, so hopefully they will call me back.
Maybe if a few more can call them they might take it more seriously and call someone back.

http://www.awishforanimals.org

I was thinking, Forget the collar get her a harness she will try and pull out of a collar which isn't hard do do. She pulls out of that collar were in real trouble.

ImageImage
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I'm glad your taking her out of there, it sure doesnt sound like they are even working with her. She would do better being fostered.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Geez this poor girl. I hope you can foster her Jennifer. She is lucky to have you and Jeff on her side that's for sure.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Jeff&Peks wrote:I was thinking, Forget the collar get her a harness she will try and pull out of a collar which isn't hard do do. She pulls out of that collar were in real trouble.

Yep. A harness is what she needs, with her hair shaved she'll pull out of a collar in a minute. And don't try to pull her, coax her outside, treats work great. She needs to learn that the leash is a good thing.

Sheeesh I can't believe that no one but you and Jenn understand that this chow needs to be worked with.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

This poor chowling. Jennifer, you are the greatest, keeping an eye on her. I sure hope between you and Jeff yous can get her in a foster home where she can get the attention she needs.

Bless you all
~ Sally