Chuckys/Aneesa's donations

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chuckys/Aneesa's donations

Post by jblake334 »

I finally made a website for Chucky/Aneesa/Leia. I haven't quite convinced this guy at the rescue to call her Aneesa or Leia. He named her Aurora. I don't like that name. Is it just me???????

Anyway the website in called http://www.chuckysdonations.com

Go and see her new pictures. It doesn't look like much but believe it or not it took me forever. I had no clue how to set this thing up. All donations will go to any expenses needed now or in the future for Aneesa/Leia at Wags 2 Whiskers.

Let me know what you think about her new look.
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

link insn't working

Post by jblake334 »

if you type in http://www.chuckysdonations.com it works, but when I tried to make it a link you cant get through. It says page cannot be displayed. So, forget the link unless someone else can make it work right . I will try again: http://www.chuckysdonations.com
chris

Post by chris »

Jennifer, she looks great... I can only imagine what she is going to look like when all her fur comes back in.

Tell us how she is doing. I take it if she is letting you give her hugs and kisses she is getting closer to you. how did she do at the vets and groomers? was she a good girl? Is she still scared?
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

The link worked for me. She looks beautiful. Look at her looking around and smiling. I am sure she is learning that you are the one to trust. Great job with her. Her coloring is brindle and it was not just dirt! :lol:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Link worked for me. Good job on the webpage Jenifer. Except for the first picture of her standing on the corner I havn't yet to see her stand up and walk or even stand up. All we ever did was carry her around in a Blanket so the one picture of her actuading will be a great picture.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

She is going to look so beautiful when her fur grows back healthy, not that she isn't beautiful now. I love the brindle coloring, it makes her unique.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

She is looking great. Love the brindle as well. Are you thinking of fostering her this weekend? Hope you have fun & it goes well if you are.

Edited to add that I don't like the name that they want to call her either!
Thank you Elodie!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

ummm, how many people were feeding her on the street, what a cute little tubby she is.

And her former owners went off and left their one year old alone on the street!

Ah well she looks a lot better and when that coat grows out she'll be a real beauty.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Jennifer, thanks again for all you (and Jeff) have done for this chow.

Your site is great. OK to cross post? I imagine it is, but wanted to check. The Dwan @ Wags phone # is cut off, so can you fill it back in? I can't do Paypal (our cc for it is tied to my husbands biz) but will send a check to them, but need the number.

Thanks again-You're an Angel =D=
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Link worked for me.

She is just so beautiful! That first pic, she looks so scared, untrusting, and ready to bolt. The next pics show her looking so happy! You did very well at gaining her trust the past few months.

Thank you for all your hard work and caring heart.
~ Sally
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Jennifer, she is going to be such a BEAUTY when her hair grows back :inlove:
Wish I could take her.......
Thank You again for all of your hard work, I'm sure you have Angel wings tucked in the back of your shirt :wink: You have been a BLESSING for this Chow Girls life!!!
Couldn't get the donation part to work??? Wanted to help out so check and see what the problem is for me???
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Jennifer, she looks so much better!! I love the page, I'm also going to send the link around if that's okay. Thank you so much for everything you and Jeff have done!! She si SO lucky to have you.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

thank you so much for your support

Post by jblake334 »

vicster605 wrote:Jennifer, she is going to be such a BEAUTY when her hair grows back :inlove:
Wish I could take her.......
Thank You again for all of your hard work, I'm sure you have Angel wings tucked in the back of your shirt :wink: You have been a BLESSING for this Chow Girls life!!!
Couldn't get the donation part to work??? Wanted to help out so check and see what the problem is for me???
I just checked the donation link it seems to be working. If you double click it, anyone can make a donation by credit card or through paypal. I wanted to keep everyone updated on the amount we could raise for Neesa and how all the funds are spent and what goes where. I will post all the details.

So far, there has been one donation, and I greatly appreciate that. Thank you so much Yvonne for being so kind and generous. Our balance is $20.00.
At the rescue, when we were shaving Neesa, Dawn let me know I had to come up with $100.00 toward the vet bill. I must have looked stupid when I said I was broke and I could pay her back once I raised the donations or started working next week. She asked, "Don't you have a credit card?". And the answer, I couldn't say, is no my credit is trashed. I have my Dad's card for emergencies, I asked Dad and promised I would pay him back. Dad came through and paid the $100.00. I also noticed that Neesa still had no bed, so I got her one. I would like to get her a better one though. Thing is the lady at the rescue said she would have a bed for her, but I never saw one. And after all our conversations she never let me know I needed to come up with the $100.00 for the vet bill. It's totally understandable, I don't expect her to work for free and pay for everything, I was just caught off guard when she asked. Anyway, I just wish I had the money to give her and I wasn't so broke that I had to ask for donations. I kind of wanted to make sure all the donations went toward Neesa and her needs only. I left her a message about setting up the donation site and just wanting to pay dad back and she could have the remaining donations, but I never heard from her. She said everything was 50/50 like the vet bills and things got kind of weird when I picked Neesa up and the total vet bill was 130.05. I was on the cell and said so if its 50/50 then I would pay $65 and she would too? No, she said she wanted me to pay the $100.00 and she would pay the 30.05. I said, but I thought you said we were doing everything 50/50? She said well just consider the rest for her food and stuff. I said well I can help you with the food, I understand. She said just just put the $100.00 on your dad's discover and we will be done. After that, I took Neesa back to the rescue and the guy that named her Aurora was really nice the previous day. He was all excited and thinking up new names for her. He was the one that came up with the idea of the "damsel in distress" which I thought was such a cute idea. I looked up all these names of damsels and printed them out. I printed out the meaning of Leia like one of the people posted, which was a great meaning behind a pretty name. I brought all the papers to show him after I brought her back from the vet. He was like I don't know we'll talk about it later, he said I have to get back to what I was doing. He came by and said if you love her so much why don't you adopt her? He said it nicely. I told him about my living situation. Then after sitting with Neesa for awile, I went looking for him in his office cause he said he had all these things to do and when I walked in I startled him. He was just sitting there drinking a soda staring off into space. I said here look at this and I shouwed him the name Leia and the meaning. He just said oh well, I don't know well worry about it later. He just kept saying are you taking off?

These things made me want to set up Neesa's Donation page so I can make sure all the money is spent on her needs and in spoiling her as much as possible. I don't think that will happen if they go straight to the rescue. I don't even think I will be able to get the money from her to pay my dad. It may just go back into her business. I was going to give her a portion of the donations. Maybe if we all can raise enough I can post the statements and we can figure how the money should be disbursed. Just a thought
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jblake334 »

SWANCIN wrote:Jennifer, thanks again for all you (and Jeff) have done for this chow.

Your site is great. OK to cross post? I imagine it is, but wanted to check. The Dwan @ Wags phone # is cut off, so can you fill it back in? I can't do Paypal (our cc for it is tied to my husbands biz) but will send a check to them, but need the number.

Thanks again-You're an Angel =D=
I talked to the rescue and they are ready to adopt her out and I look at her at don't see it in her eyes. She still won't even stand up. Anyway, I made a website for her donations. You can make a donation by credit card or paypal, if anyone wants to send me a check let me know and I will send you my address. I think it is better to do it this way because all of her funds can be in one account in case something happens and I pull her from the rescue. If the funds are sent to the rescue, I already paid them $100.00 which was practically her whole vet bill, I cannot get the donation back, if I pull Neesa out. I am trying to get down there as often as possible and the last time I was sitting with her the guy at the rescue said well why don't you just adopt her? I just might foster her until I find the right home. I don't want her to be rushed out. I am supposed to be a partnership in this with her and the other day when I was at the vet and she wanted me to pay more than half the vet bill she said and then we will be done. I thought well what does that mean? altogether or financially. She won't put my name on her microchip. I am not sure if she is just going to adopt her out without me being able to meet the people. We already discussed it and it was set up that way but it seems that we set the vet bill up to be 50/50 and then I paid or correction my dad paid all but $30.00. I am feeling a little uneasy about this and I don't want her to just be adopted out and never know what happened. Anyway, let me know what you do either way.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Well, you were right about Neesa from the start and perhaps your instincts about the rescue are spot on as well...sounds like you need to stay in control of the donations and make sure Neesa isn't adopted out before she's ready.
The paypal link worked fine for me, too.

Let Neesa know we're sending her big cyberspace hugs! [:D]
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Finally figured it out, Thank You again Jennifer for ALL THAT YOU DID for this Chow Girl!!!