ONE OF OUR OWN NEEDS OUR IMEDIATE HELP !!!!!!!!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

That is wonderful. Sitting in the office I was checking the site each ten minutes this morning. Just returned from lunch and a happy news.
Chows are really special they make people around them special too.
Let Molly be safe and happy from now on.

Igor
Mishka and his family
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just walked in and saw all this, havn't read it yet but i guess molly was found, Great job everyone. Now we can say PHEWWWWW.

How far is Macon county from where she took off, all I know about Macon County is the movie.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thanks but I am taking no credit in this at all. I just made a phone call. Bama FOUND Molly!!! She's the one who was diligent and when through the Pet Harbor site and asked the shelter with the vague description of a yellow chow to e-mail her a photo. Timing was just right and now it's the waitting :roll: and waitting :roll: and waitting 8-} for Sweetpea to come post that Molly is safe at her new home!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Now may I ask, Who's Lonnie, Whos' Bonnie and where's Nancy?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

YEAH BABY... See, I told ya sweetpea... arn't ya glad I posted. WEEEEEEEE I'm so happy.

Ok , lets see... I know that Bonnie is deffinatly Molly's new Mommy. I'm not quite sure who Lonnie is.. maybe Molly's new Daddy????? And to be honest, not sure where Nancy or Amber are. I wonder if they have seen this post and what everyone has done to find and save Molly.

I too am so proud to know all of you guys on this site. So proud. :D
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I think Lonnie is one of the shelter workers.

Me too, I was just thinking last night how Oprah said a few weeks ago that we as a society have no sense of communtiy, I think that's because she doesn't know the people on this site. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I'm back...I went outside to pick up sticks and clean the leaves off of a boulder! Something I need to do more often, but since I have this excited energy, I got it done in no time!!!
I'm not rejoicing until Bonnie and Becky check back with us and say..."we have Molly".

I believe the shelter employee who spoke with Jeff, is convinced it must be Molly, due to all the phone calls.
I don't think Bonnie or Becky had made it yet to the shelter for a positive ID prior to the call.
Jeff, correct me if I'm wrong, ok?

Sooooooooo, I'm eating candy and drinking a coke, because that's what I do when I get anxious!!!

Thanks for the pats on the back, but I don't deserve any, even if it turns out to be Molly. None of us would have known anything about it, if Chris had not posted the thread.
Jeff's efforts made me get off my butt and search.
If it's not Molly, let's all go back to searching!
In the meantime....have a coke and a candy bar!!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Same here, I'm waiting to hear from Bonnie & Becky that it is definately, positively 100% Molly before I start celebrating. And Bama you are TOO a hero, and there's no way anyone could ever be angry at you if it turns out not to be her.
chris

Post by chris »

bama wrote:Sooooooooo, I'm eating candy and drinking a coke, because that's what I do when I get anxious!!!

LMAO.. I do that too. :D

You know what... I was just saying this to Auddy, so I wanted to post it.

It feels so wonderful to know that if I ever lost Steel, I could count on the best support system ever and know that you would all be behind me in helping find him. How comforting is that?

BTW... WHERE IS JUDY WITH ALL THE EXCITEMENT?
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Darn you two...now I'm craving candy and a pop! :shock: (thanks a lot.... :lol: )
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Now may I ask, Who's Lonnie, Whos' Bonnie and where's Nancy?
Lonnie= Shelter worker

Tisha= shelter worker who emailed a photo to me of a chow
that had no photo.

Bonnie= Molly's new human

Nancy= haven't heard from her, I don't think she knows
what is going on.

Folks there are a lot of chows out there to be adopted.
I discovered pages of them during my search.
Actually, the search was depressing, because of all the homeless chows. They are everywhere!! :cry: :cry:
Even the Madison County Animal Control has more chows.
In my search, I found chows listed as "brown" when they are cream.
Also, I saw red and cinnamon chows listed as "brown"????
With Molly #1, there was only a description of her and no photo; "yellow" chow. So, I figured geez, what color is she ...really? That's when I contacted the shelter and told them the story and asked for a photo.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

OK, now I'm going for an ice cream sandwich!
Be right back!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

I asked the woman at the shelter if the women were there to ID the Chow Chow, she told me that yes it was for sure her dog, but they had to go get the prepaid rabies [paperwork?] before it could be released. So they made the ID before I called.

Jeff
Last edited by Jeff&Vicki on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
chris

Post by chris »

bama wrote:OK, now I'm going for an ice cream sandwich!
Be right back!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... bring me one too =P~
chris

Post by chris »

\:D/ go Molly... go Molly... whos your Chow Chow.. whos your Chow Chow.. go Molly go Molly...
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

I feel so relieved already, but want to hear from back from Sweetpea herself. So, I've done the dishes, decided on the menu for tonight's supper, made sure that a bottle of wine is nicely chilled for the celebrataion, got the garbage out... I'm too anxious I can't sit still. Oh, gotta go check the laundry...

You guys are just AWESOME..... [:D]

*edited to read Sweetpea NOT Sweatpea..... :oops:
Last edited by LEO's mum on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I would go have a diet Coke, Ice cream and a Candy bar but thats my Dinner, So i'm having a Diet Coke and Lays Chips thats my lunch. Just a whole 2 litter bottle of diet coke for Breakfast.

ImageImage
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

Folks this is why it is SOOOO IMPORTANT to microchip your dogs. Avid or Homeagain, it doesn't matter, just get it done. If she was picked up by the pound and had a microchip in her then she'd be home by now. Please.. if you haven't microchipped your fur kids, please get it done. I can even order them in bulk and mail them out to anyone who wants one at cost. I have to have at least 10 people. and they are about $10-$12 each. Just let me know if anyone is interested, this is just so sad knowing that someones loved baby is on the street. I hope she is found so soon, safe and sound.
My best wishes,
Carla
HemiCuda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by HemiCuda »

WOW! what an amazing story! oh man! judy should put this in her book,
did anyone here if bonnie went and got her?
i know where to post if anything ever happens with hemi, you guys should start a buisness! :D
Bless everyone of you who went out of you way to help save a life :D

"If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain" - Dolly Parton
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

Wow!!! I just saw this - You guys are the best! - Thank God she's been found! - Thanks to all of you that pitched in =D= Hope she's doing well and can't wait to hear that she's home :D
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I'm back! Feeling bloated!!

OK, "Jeff" and Vickie, so the shelter employee's said two women were there and had positively ID'ed Molly?
Hmmm? That must be Bonnie and Becky.
I'm really getting excited, my is beginning eye to twitch!!!
Oh, maybe that's the coke, candy bar, and ice cream sandwich causing my eye twitching???? :shock: :shock:
I have picked up sticks, swept the boulders, marinated a chicken, and played fetch with the furkids!
Waiting.........waiting.........waiting..........
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Dang! Just got back on line and look! 6 pages and Molly found!! What wonderful news!! You are all so awesome!
~ Sally
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I missed all of this!!!! :shock:
WOW!!!
BAMA YOU ARE AWSOME!!!! It's amazing what the good people on this site can do from all over the country!!!! =D=
Molly, I hope you LOVE your new home, and never have to be scared or hungry again :D :D
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

WOW!!! You all have done such a wonderful job helping to find Molly. I'm really impressed.
chris

Post by chris »

Ok, who has Becky's phone number.. JUST CALL HER... we are dieing... I want to know the story... I know when and where they shelter found Molly, I want to know how the caught her.