Diamond Food Alert!!!

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

dan27
Rank 0
Rank 0

Diamond Food Alert!!!

Post by dan27 »

My dog walker just forwarded me this link. Please read and if you are feeding your dog Diamond Pet Food... Stop ASAP.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BOS11315/

Their site also has recalls and warning signs.
I think their site is http://www.diamondpet.com
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Thanks Dan. That alert has already been put on this site, but with so many posts, it's easy to overlook it. In this case, better to repeat than to be sorry after the loss of a pet.
sixchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sixchows »

Isn't this problem a few weeks old? I thought all the food in question had been recalled? Think any is still on the shelves? Or maybe some people have bad food stockpiled and never heard the warning. Surely they would have ran into health problems by now. I remember quite a few dogs dying a few weeks back!
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Yeah, that alert went out before Christmas, but like Auddymay said, you never know, with all of the posting that is done here, someone may have missed it. Better safe than sorry.
Nancy and Tai

Post by Guest »

I believe that there has been over 20 deaths sue to Diamond Dog Food. Alot of people are just finding out about it and still have the food in their homes. Many people are switching brands after hearing about this.
sixchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sixchows »

Yeah I agree better safe than sorry! Do any of you store food that long? I know stores will, but I usually only buy enough for a week or two at a time.
kumathechow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kumathechow »

speaking of diamond, i had exteme freight the other night. i've been feeding my cats 'chicken soup for the cat lover's soul'. i was reading the bag, which i've done may times before, and noticed diamond makes this line! i had to rush on the internet to find out info, and fortunately this line isn't affected because it doesn't contain corn. i'm not even sure if any of the cat foods were recalled?
dan27
Rank 0
Rank 0

You all are very welcome

Post by dan27 »

You all are very welcome

Once I saw this info I felt like I must share it with as many people as possible

I think that if I managed to help even one person I did my job

On a general scale I heard that this is sort of isolated thing since

This company provided customers with good food

Have a great day