diva and divas mom is sick

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

divamom
Rank 1
Rank 1

diva and divas mom is sick

Post by divamom »

i am so sorry i havent been on. i have been getting ready for surgery which was on the 28 of march. i had a fibroid removed and they did a c-section. im in alot of pain. they kept me in the hospital for 2 days. when i came home my diva was so happy. we had to hide her, sneak me in sit me on the couch and put a pillow on my lap so she wont hurt me. they brought her in and she walked in and when she realized that i was sitting there she ran to me slipping and sliding :lol: and started to jump on me licking me all over she went wild i was so happy to see her. well my daughter tells me that diva has diarea :? so we thought ok she was just missing me. the next day still the same remember i cant move around but i got up for my baby rubbed her belly and boiled rice with chicken she loved it. she still has diareah. so now its friday,sat and sunday on monday she trew up alittle i told my husband we have to take her to the vet. we got appointment for six oclock. diva had a fever and the x-rays show there is something in her stomach it looks like she has an obstruction. whatever is in there its irritating the stomach. so they are keeping her giving her. she will be on iv and giving her this liquid that will flush her system if it doesnt come out she will need surgery.they are checking her kidneys and giving her antibiotics, i am so sad she had diareah but she had her appetite, she still played alot it never seemed like she was sick i called the vet every day and they kept saying no dog food just boiled rice and chicken.they are also doing two more x-rays tonight. when i went in to say bye she was in a cage her tail was wagging and she was licking my had i started to cry i hate to se her locked up. sorry for the long post im really sad i hope she is ok.............
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

oh, we wish Diva's problem is resolved right away and we hope for speedy recovery for both of you!
Sending your our very best wishes and prayers!!!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Divamom,

I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby!
I know you must be truly stressed right now, with all that you have had going on. I know it's hard to leave your baby in a hospital, but make the most of it by taking care of yourself.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Diva for a quick return to health and happiness.

Blessings,
Sherill
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
divamom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by divamom »

thank you all very much cant wail till morning so i can call to check on diva my baby she loves it when i call her my baby
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I was wondering where you have been. So sorry you and Diva are both poorly. Let's hope they can coax out whatever it is she ate. I had a C-section, no muscles to do the simplest of things. Keep us apprised. We will be thinking of you both.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

we are sending prayers and hugs your way. wishing you both a very speedy recovery.
when i had my c section, they gave me a big elastic bandage to wrap around my stomach, sort of like a girdle. it helped soooooo much. thought i would share. i know it is really uncomfortable now, but it does feel a little better with each passing day.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Diva and Divas mom I hope you too get well. It is good you are both being treated and hopefully soon it will be just a memory

David
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

[-o|
Prayers for you both. Please take care of yourself, mom, so that you can be there for your baby!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Sending best wishes to Diva and her Mom!! Get better soon.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Best wishes to both of you. I hope everyone is home and feeling better soon.
SweetPea Rocks!!
chowdad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowdad »

I wish the best for both of you & hope for good news from the vet.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I am sorry to hear that you're both ill. I hope you and your chow will recover quickly.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Oh, goodness! I hope you are both feeling much better real soon.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

janet wrote:we are sending prayers and hugs your way. wishing you both a very speedy recovery.
when i had my c section, they gave me a big elastic bandage to wrap around my stomach, sort of like a girdle. it helped soooooo much. thought i would share. i know it is really uncomfortable now, but it does feel a little better with each passing day.
Here's what I did, way back in the day of huge C-sections...
I took a small, but soft pillow, secured it with ace bandages wrapped around me and the pillow. This allowed me to walk around more comfortably.

Diva Mom,
I've had you and Diva in my prayers. Keep us posted.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
divamom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by divamom »

thank you all very much. i called the vet today two times :oops: last night shey gave her antibiotics, they said about four shots she has iv on and she hasnt pooped. she did pee on the doctor when they where doing the ex-ray. the second time they told me that she is ok but nothing yet the fever is gone and she is peeing alot they are having so much fun with diva. the vet told me that every time they walk in the room she starts to wag her tail alot so they get a kick out of it. one girl told me that diva loves when they brush her hair. i said of course that is why she is a diva. no poop yet. we are hoping that what ever it is that the dye will flush it out. she might be clogged with hair because she is always pulling her hair out and eating it. we miss her alot. my husband is freaking out because im not working because of surgery, divas bill nearly gave him a heart attack and if she needs surgery its going to be expensive. well everything falls into place i have alot of faith i dont like to see my diva sick. the vet was concerned about the food cause we give her pedigree and alpo. and alpo was recalled so he is checking her blood and kidneys, i am so sorry about long post, i really am grateful that you are all there and give me advice and support.people say oh its just a dog, i get so angry how can i look into divas eyes and say that. diva looks at me with so much love she hugs me she plays with my hair and she takes my stuff so i can chase her she dangs it out of her mouth and waits until i notice then i chase her and she runs bouncing what ever she has in her mouth i love my baby diva :lol:
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

We don't say the D-word around here!
Some folks just don't get it, do they?
They are our babies!
Keep us posted, ok?
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Best of luck, I hope everythng will work out. It is a good sign she is peeing and still wagging her tail

David
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh Diva's Mom, I'm wishing you and little Diva a speedy recovery. I'm so sorry that you're going through such a hard time. Hugs to you and Diva. Keep us posted.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea