Chows and Anxiety

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Chows and Anxiety

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Pekoes oncologist just recommend a sedative that Mr. N and a few others like Pekoe that hate the vet and groomers might be interested in, Its a herbal type sedative, a few drops and it calms them down, not like those little pills the vet gives you that knocks them out for hours before the visit, I forget the name of the one the doctor suggested its called something like emergency remedy, not the right name but close. I looked for it at the Healthy pet store they sell it but were out so I bought a similar one called HP anxiety, A natural homoeopathic remedy. It says its good to give to your pet before the Vet/Grommer visit, good for separation anxiety, Flying and behavioral problems Etc. (Doesn't mean to keep your Chow drugged) . I haven't tried it yet but it has to be better then that junk the vet gives you. I never paid much attention to the herbal stuff before but after buying the relaxer and looking up some products on the Net I think I will be looking into herbol medications and products more for Pekoe.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

It's called 'Rescue Remedy'
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yeah that one
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

I've tried it, it didn't work for Willow.